ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 WRX with this done to it

-R1 Racing Sports 3" Air Filter
-TurboXS Manuel Boost Controller(set to 15psi)
-TurboXS Utec Stage 2 PiggyBack ECU
-Samco Sport Turbo Inlet Hose(red)
-Samco Sport Turbo to intercooler "Y" Hose(red)
-Samco Upper & Lower Radiator Hoses(red)
-MRT Catless Up-Pipe
-TurboXS Catless 4" Bellmouth Downpipe
-GFB Blow Off Valve
-ScoobySport 3" Catback Exhaust(Imported from England) ---Later Replaced with a Tsudo Rear Section---
-ScoobySport 3" High Flow Cat
-KnockLink Knock Sensor
Xcelleration. com Short Shifter
F1 racing stage 3 clutch 6 puck
F1 racing light weight flywheel 12 lbs

Then on another site the subaru company Xcceleration did this although some is listed above to i know
) Boost Gauge

2) APillar Pod

3) EGT Gauge

4) Air/Fuel Gauge

5) Knock Sensor

10) Stage 2 (300 H.P.) UniChip

11) Xcceleration Short Throw Shift Kit

12) Samco Intercooler, Air Inlet and Water Hoses

13) GFB Pulley Set

14) Triple Headlights

13) Turbo back exhaust system w/3.5" tip, includes downpipe, high flow cat, intermediate pipe

14) MRT Flex Joint Uppipe

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
No....unless you want to pay $695 for launch control and flat foot shifting. Please tell me this car is protuned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i seen that they cost around $600 so i dont know if i want to pay that and pro tuned? im not sure i bought this car with almost everything done to it i just did a few things like new clutch flywheel rims and a few other small things i was wondering on how good the maps are that are out for the cobbs to put into my car

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
You're going to need to get it tuned anyway, so an AP would kind of be pointless. Like lokey said, you could use it for LC and FFS, but I see you already have a UTEC. You can get your factory ECU reflashed with a professional tune and hack the UTEC in for LC and FFS functionality. And I may be wrong, but I believe the LC you can get with the UTEC is more aggressive than that with the AP.

Probably the most important thing, none of the Cobb maps will work with your car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok Thanks guys, i have to take my car to a subaru dealer because there is a recall on some part im not exactly sure what the part is also one day like 2 weeks ago my car randomly wouldn't start it would turn over but it was like as if my car wasnt getting fuel because it wouldn't stay running so i had it towed to a shop and they couldnt find anything wrong with my car they cleaned both ends of the computer they said and checked over everything they could they said the next step is to take it to a subaru dealer and have them check it out but after that shop looked at my car it started starting up properly again and i haven't had an issue with it again yet...

also im new with car parts i been making myself learn because eventually id like to be able to work on my car myself and put anything in it that id like unless its something real internal for example new pistons and rings so i can run higher PSI

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have a UTEC, or a UniChip? As far as I know you can't (or at least shouldn't) be running both.
Honestly dude lol i actually have no idea do you know where it would be located so i can check it and find out? i was actually thinking of buying something new but im not sure yet i heard unichips are old but i really know no information about this computer chip? i believe it is i dont even know what it is lol it was put in my car before i bought it. here are the sites that talk about my car

Xcceleration
&
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3226169/2002-subaru-impreza

I know they are both old they are people that had this car before i had it. I have to make a up to date Cardomain saying that this is my car now

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
If you have a UTEC it would be located underneath the carpet in the passenger side floor board, next to the car's ECU. This is what it looks like..

·
Registered
71 Posts
something tells me your in over your head here... none of cobbs maps will work for you. i would hope there is some sort of tune one this car or we might be seeing another subie in the parts section. good luck with the car though

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
something tells me your in over your head here... none of cobbs maps will work for you. i would hope there is some sort of tune one this car or we might be seeing another subie in the parts section. good luck with the car though
Why do you say that? to me it seems like my car has been running fine... and im not sure how its tuned because it was done before i bought the car

·
Registered
105 Posts
don't sweat it all these replies are good advice...just get it to a reputable tuner....and ask questions if possible... i would kill to have most of those mods. good luck

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Find someone who still tunes them or go back to stock ECU and get reflashed with Opensource software.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think i wanna go back to the stock computer and get a cobb along with it would that be a good idea? or what would you recommend

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
No don't get an AP. You definitely need a protune with those mods. That means all the AP will do for you is allow you to read codes and upload maps, which you could do just as easily with a Tactrix cable that you'll pay $50 for instead of $600 for the AP.

LWFWs are known to cause misfire issues on these cars, even with tunes, so I would've skipped that and left a regular FW in there. Also that's a very heavy clutch for that mod list. A stock clutch would've been a better option.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts