ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2012 Rex this past Friday. I love it... It's my first turbo car and my first car with this much power.

Im in the breaking period. Picked up the with 11 miles and now have 400 miles. I'm not sure if I'm paranoid but when I'm on 2nd gear and I let go of the gas, I hear a slight grinding sound from the engine. I've been shifting below 3000rpm and have not gone past it.

Is this grinding sound normal?

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
2nd gear is a bit noisy on decel, always has been, and it's normal. :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Although it's a tough called to make because you're not sure of the sounds the car should normally make because its new. But as you will probably hear from some of the more experienced people on this forum, these cars have very noisy drivetrains. The sound is most likely completely normal. Enjoy the car and get to 1k miles so it can really put a smile on your face.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Welcome to AWD and having a few differentials...it's a lot of moving parts, and they make lots of noise. I was confused when I bought my first STI brand new back in 2006, but you quickly learn :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yea I'm learning that this car makes a lot of noises. Its not necessarily a bad thing. I kinda like the rugged feel.

I just need to make sure that it won't ruin the car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not seeing any disclaimers here so just my two cents; You're likely under warranty and it would not cost you anything to take it in to the dealer and ask them to have a listen. Although these drive trains are noisy you could also have something going wrong, it wouldn't be the first time e new car had a bad part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts