ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I see that there is an alternative mounting location on the stock hood for the dampers that allows you to open the hood more. Just to see, I mounted it in this location. I liked it (hood goes up MUCH further with no interference). Only problem: the stock dampers are too long to let the hood go all the way back down. I looked for an alternative mounting location for the bottom, but couldn't find anything. I assume I just need shorter dampers.

Question: What dampers (size? brand recommendations?) do I need?

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Anyone?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I thought those were just temporary locations for performing engine work? I would think shorter dampers would take away everything gained by moving the damper.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they are, too, but I want them to be the permanent location....hence, the question. :) You might be right about the shorter dampers, too....hence, the question. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm pretty sure that if you put shorter dampers on in the alternative mounting location you will be right back where you started with a lower hood opening.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just wondering if maybe there's an "in-betweener"....raises the hood more, yet still able to close it. Ya know? I'm getting the feeling there isn't. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts