ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2016 Premium WRX that came with the short throw shifter, and am looking for a 2020 model in either Premium or Limited, and they don't seem to be as easy to find with the short throw. Anybody have experience driving both, and is the stock shifter as bad as some of the car review sites say it is?

·
BooSTIng
2,832 Posts
You will notice a larger difference with an aftermarket short throw shifter kit. Look up the kartboy short shifter and bushings kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a 2016 Premium WRX that came with the short throw shifter, and am looking for a 2020 model in either Premium or Limited, and they don't seem to be as easy to find with the short throw. Anybody have experience driving both, and is the stock shifter as bad as some of the car review sites say it is?
I have a kart boy short throw and to be honest took awhile to get used to but honestly I love it now. I also bought a weighted shift nob which seemed to help the smoothness through the gears

·
Registered
9 Posts
I added the Cobb short throw to my 2016 WRX recently, and it's definately worth doing. Every shift is tighter. Even my wife likes it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts