Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed the kartboy today. fairly painless as long as you have a rubber mallet. i've got some very minor rubbing on the front of the aluminum brace. scooby mods says to try to shift it over a bit, shave it with a file, or dremmel out the holes to slide it more.

is this necessary? it doesn't even rub all the time, just once in a while going into first. it sounds like a *tap* should i worry?

also, i didn't install the bushings. what are the ramifications of this? do i need to?

otherwise, it's great. real sporty feel, fun factor rating 9.1. :)

dR

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have the bushings also, but I didn't install them. I didn't take a dremel to my car, I took the screws to that metal plate your linkage is rubbing on out, loosened the rear two screws and put a couple rubber washers underneath the metal plate (in the front). It lifts up the front of the plate and voila, no more rattling or rubbing. Also, if you have the Momo Race Airleather like I do, you may want to put electrical tape around the top part of your Kartboy (not on the threads). Keeps the boot up better and prevents it from rattling.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how about first gear? i mean it was always a little bi+chy, but now it's REAL *****y. i think moving that brace (or mangleing it :devil: ) will do some good, but w/o the bushings have you noticed any increased notchiness/bi+chyness, particularly with first gear?

thanks for the tip on the washers, i'll prolly do that. and thanks for replying period. i was beginning to wonder if i smell or something. ;)

ps, i do have the air leather in black. matches the wheel SO well. i'm such a dork. :)

dR

·
Registered
785 Posts
It definately takes a little more effort to put in to gear, and I think its just because you don't have as much leverage with the shorter shifter. I'm probably going to put my bushings in on Monday and see what that does. Supposedly it's supposed to give more direct shifting. We'll see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts