ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i just got a new short shifter for my 02 rex and when installing the front stay bushings, im kinda lost. I took the nut that holds the plate to the linkage and now trying to pry off the front stay bushings, im not sure if the oem bushings are 2 peice or 1 peice. Anyways, i tried getting them indvidually off side by side and its super difficult. Anyone have any experience in this?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
The OEM bushing is a 1-piece. The fastest way would be to cut on of the faces of the stock bushing so you can just push it through.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The OEM bushing is a 1-piece. The fastest way would be to cut on of the faces of the stock bushing so you can just push it through.
Ah, i see. Ok, thanks alot! Also, what do u think about the Sti spt short shifter for the 02 rex? Better then a reg kartboy short shifter?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Alex2431 said:
Also, what do u think about the Sti spt short shifter for the 02 rex? Better then a reg kartboy short shifter?
Not at all.

An aftermarket lever like the Kartboy unit and the four shifter bushings will cost you less than the OE unit, and will provide much better throw reduction / feel.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not at all.

An aftermarket lever like the Kartboy unit and the four shifter bushings will cost you less than the OE unit, and will provide much better throw reduction / feel.
Really!? I thought since it also came with new linkage, it would be totally better.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
reduction in throw
OE ~10%
Kartboy ~40%

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Why not get both? STI short shift combo...WITH the KB...overall 50% throw reduction :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey,
will the STI shifter make my shifts less notchier? i want to be able to smoothly go into 1st and 2nd.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Why not get both? STI short shift combo...WITH the KB...overall 50% throw reduction :)
That's not true. The throw reduction comes from the geometry of the lever, not the linkage.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
That's not true. The throw reduction comes from the geometry of the lever, not the linkage.
The rod length isn't changed in the STI shifter? Hmm...It seems silly that they would replace the hole mechanism if only the lever length changed.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
+ 1. I have both and love it. Do all the bushings as well. Amazing difference.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Alex2431 said:
Really, i was thinking about getting the spt sti short shifter. Whats the difference between the spt an the one above?
Aftermarket is worth the money, the OE unit isn't.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Alex2431 said:
Ive heard both sides.....oe fits better.
Not sure where you heard that, because I've never had an issue with a Kartboy lever or Kartboy/TiC bushings (I've installed about a dozen sets).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts