ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if the AEM Short Ram would have any problems sucking in water as compared to the stock system. I know the CAI have been to known to have this problem in other cars. But seeing how the Short Ram Filter is in the engine compartment I would think its just as safe as the stock system. Any thoughts?

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
1,556 Posts
I remember reading a post a while ago when this guy put a plastic bag over his intake when he was washing his car and after he was done, he said there was water all over the bag. Could this be harmful?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe he shouldn't have left the hood up when washing his car :) But really I don't see how it could get wet under the hood. I have washed my car and looked under the hood a few times right after and its never been wet. the intercooler is wet but thats because of the hood scoop. But everything else is fine. Maybe he had an old gen hood with the vents on the sides.

·
1,556 Posts
Oh wow you have the AEM short ram intake. How do you like that? Give me details! Sound? Peformance?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I don't have it yet. Just arived at my house today by fedex but I am still at work. Hopefully I won't have to work late so I can install it tonight and test it out some. I will be sure to post a review of it, just hope the install is not to hard.

·
1,556 Posts
Haha you give me a PM when your done installing! Where did you order it from? I get my greddy Airnex intake this week :)

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the Airnex, I have not seen it. Got a link?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
AEM Short Ram update

Just an update, I got my package today but it was an AEM CAI and not the Short Ram. I won't have it for another week as it is backordered for 3 days. This screws up all my plans as I had an appointment for an uppipe install and dyno tune of my turbo xs unichip on tuesday hoping the intake would be installed for that as well. Im pissed right now. Anyone know if they can tune your car for a part that is missing?

I would just like to add, German Autowerks, the place I ordered it from is handeling the problem very well. They even said they would send UPS to pick up the CAI tomorrow instead of me having to go through the trouble of sending it back. Everyone makes mistakes and I am glad they are doing a good job making it up.

·
1,556 Posts
Ya I would guess and say go ahead and and tune the chip for the intake. Just dont go driving it hard and crazy. Oh and on the greddy airnex intake, german autowekrs have it for sell. Check it out!

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah its that one. I take it you still have to use the stock hose, or does it come with a new one? Also I have changed my plans I am just getting the uppipe put in. I will do the dyno tuning later once I get all the parts I have on order.

·
1,556 Posts
Well supposivly it comes with a small aluminum tube. So I dont know if I use the stock hose or use that one. But there are kits out there that replace the black hose with a long aluminum tube. 100 bucks though. So I figure I will just make my own. Zerosports make one of those kits. So does STI but thats only available in Japan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts