Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anybody knew where i could buy a short ram intake for the WRX.
I think I have decided to go with the short ram intake instead of the CAI due to the fact that I am worried about water entering the engine.
thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would rather go with the cai I have the ingine I was scared of water getting into the engine also but as "God" here on the boards pointed out you will not get water into you're engine unless the entire filter is submerged in water and another reason to go with the longer pipe cai is with the short intake you draw in more warm air and it being less dense I think and with the longer pipe cai you draw in cooler air. I think i said that right...hehe anyways if it does not flood in you're area go with the longer cai youll like it alot more...if it does flood in you're area try a bypass valve AEM makes one..I put one on my car just in case but im about to rip it out after finding out my engine will not be damaged unless a big flood comes and it never floods here.....just my 2 cents.

sorry for the long post:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
entropy,

Welcome to clubwrx.net!

Pretty much all intakes are a waste of money for the WRX. Simply remove the stock intake silencer and drop in a K&N air filter. I took more than half a second off my quarter mile time with this mod. The stock filter box will breathe cold air in thru the fender and it has a very short trip to the turbo. Works like a charm and the filter is only $50. Cold air intakes help after upgrading the turbo, and short rams have crappy filtration and give you nothing but hot ambient air from the turbocharged flat four. Turbo motors run around 550degF and you don't want your intercooler to have to do that much work!

-Jim

·
Registered
218 Posts
i agree wit platinum just go with the silncer removal and a kandn panel filter and save your self 200 bucks. with that 200 bucks get a joe p mbc and a set of gauges and a gauge pod. and you will be running 13s with a decent driver.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Listen to Terribleone and PlatuinumREX, use the 200+ bucks and get yourself a MBC or a EBC and boost till u drop :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
xs engineering's intake has proven that there is a power gain... look for the january edition of turbo magazine..
lots of reviews on modded wrx's

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
BambooI,

It's easy to make HP when your air filter lets everything thru. The K&N flows well and has excellent filtration qualities compared to most. If I wasn't concerned about filtration, I'd put a piece of nylon screen over my mass air flow sensor and call it a day.

-Jim

·
Registered
30 Posts
God, why did you remove your Injen? Did it suck? Doesn't it port air from the fender well? Isn't this an ideal setup?

Me curious.

RGE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts