ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this can count as an interior mod: Shoes for the driver. I usually wear some New Balance running shoes, but lately I've noticed that it's easier for me to drive stick when I wear my dress shoes for work. This is my first manual car, and I think it's easier to feel the pedals with the dress shoes. So, anyone have some recommendations for some different casual shoes that are not racing shoes, are comfortable, and can still help me feel the pedals a little better?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Anything in the skating world, in all seriousness I learned to race my car with dcs shoes, etnies and dc's and the first day I put a pair of Nike's on I had little mishaps like riding the clutch and a little bucking in between gears...weird how much of a difference shoes can really make.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
i only wear sandals 99% of the time, only wear shoes to work. so when i wear sandals i normally just drive barefoot, i prefer it the most. cept when my car has been outside for a few hours in the sun and the pedals are over 100 degrees.

·
1,999 Posts
Puma does make driving shoes....especially for Sparco. Adidas does as well.

Piloti makes very affordable driving shoes that include Nomex and a sole that usable for walking.

There are plenty of walking/casual shoe makers with thin soles that make the shoes very suitable for driving. However you should also decide if you want driving shoes with Nomex(as that often drives the price twice as much).

For the urban fashion types....Diesel offers many shoes of the sort.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
If you are willing to spend aboot $50-60, go for the old Adidas "Samba" indoor shoe.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Any shoes that are made in the style of classic running shoes from around the 70's have worked well for me and the other people I know that drive stick.

http://www.classicsportsshoes.com/menclasrunsh.html

And most are pretty sweet looking too.:wiggles:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts