ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy here at work just got married. His groomsmen did quite a number on his car with white shoe polish. (It's a black car.) He's washed it, but it didn't touch the polish. They even drew some interesting, err, "graphics" on the side and back. It's been on there for about 10 days while he was on his honeymoon. Would some cleaner/wax or polish take this off? It seems pretty baked on there.

I thought maybe some of you paint gurus would have an idea.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
If it got wet, is hard to take off by hand.
You can wash some of it off, the rest should come off with a good polishing compound, or a cleaner wax.

(Or claybar :D)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Wow that sucks so bad, the polish that Englishtown puts on cars is (well was, now they switched to one that comes off with soap and water) so hard to get off that I had to use a razor blade, obviously not the case for polish on paint...I'm guessing something like goo-gone or the likes would help? Maybe WD40? Would definitely have to wash it off right away so you don't hurt the paint.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
WD40 and GooGone may be rough on the paint dude.

Polishing would to it. I've taking tar off the car just by hand polishing. If anything will take it (as far as car products), Im sure the Claybar is it.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, guys. I'm bringing in some Cleaner/Wax, and we're going to visit the autoparts place tomorrow in search of polishing products.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts