ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! As you can tell by my name, was and still am a Honda faithful but recently sold my S2000 for a brand new '12 DGM WRX Limited that I picked up on 3/18/12!
My daily driver is an '02 RSX Type S with 187k miles and still going strong!
I sold my '06 S2k and ordered the Subie after I test drove a friends STi and also cus I needed something that can take me up to Tahoe to do some serious shredding!
So far, lovin' the car! I'm getting plenty of compliments about the ride, especially the color! My only complaint is the dayam transmission. Coming from Honda/Acura, this transmission feels like a screw driver in a bowl of rocks! :mad:
But other than that, I am a happy camper!

ps. I guess it might be time to change my name to ShiftinAt6800 LOL!

Without further adieu, please enjoy these pics!
View attachment 103317 View attachment 103322 View attachment 103321 View attachment 103320 View attachment 103319 View attachment 103318 View attachment 103316 View attachment 103323 View attachment 103325 View attachment 103324

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I am pissed that you post pics of gorgeous white cars then buy that gray thing... Shame on you. go trade it in on a white one.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I am pissed that you post pics of gorgeous white cars then buy that gray thing... Shame on you. go trade it in on a white one.
hey hey HEY!!! Don't you insult the DGM!! You should go sell that white thing and get a beautiful DGM!!!

Welcome OP :)

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
At least you didn't screw up completely and get a silly color, like WRB...

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Man, Red never gets any love.

LRP is gonna be a "rare" color one day.

Anyway, great choice! All those cars are looking pretty spiffy if you ask me! Welcome to the club :)

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
You can clean up the shifting with a short shifter and some bushings...welcome!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congrats on the DGM as studies indicate men that drive a car in a color such as DGM are often well endowed individuals. Whereas WRB and SWP are often "small". :cool:

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Congrats on the DGM as studies indicate men that drive a car in a color such as DGM are often well endowed individuals. Whereas WRB and SWP are often "small". :cool:
Why're you studying so many men? :confused1

;)

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
DGM is proving to have so many positive qualities ... the fastest color, genital size, and of course just not being white. Wait ... does that make me a reverse car racist?

Who cares - DGM FTW! :thumbup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
thanks! i got the spt short shifter port installed... now i just need to get some bushings.. anyone know which bushings to get and where?
Get the Kartboy front shifter bushings and rear. Those combined with the SPT short shifter make for a really comfortable precise shifter.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My personal preference is Kartboy shifter with Kartboy bushings but since you already have the SPT it probably isn't worth getting another new shifter. Definitely do bushings though.

here is what you want: Kartboy Shifter Bushing Combo Subaru 5MT (inc. 2002-2012 WRX) at RallySportDirect.com
Thanks!!! just ordered it! hope its easy install! its pretty hard for me to perform 3 point turns cus it will not go in reverse.. i have to sit shift into 3rd and 4th and then into reverse... I really hope this helps it :pray:

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Thanks!!! just ordered it! hope its easy install! its pretty hard for me to perform 3 point turns cus it will not go in reverse.. i have to sit shift into 3rd and 4th and then into reverse... I really hope this helps it :pray:
You may want to take it back to the dealer if it's that bad. I thought it was just the same notchiness I feel going into reverse, but I definitely don't have to go through all that rigamarole to get it in. For me it just kinda hits a point where I have to give a little muscle and it'll click past, but it's not a huge effort.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts