Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a cobb short shifter for my 2015 sti limited. I had the Subaru dealership install. When i left the dealership, i noticed when the shifter was in 4th or 6th gear it had a rattle. I took it back for them to check it out, and they said everything was fine. Couple of months later, i noticed it was getting harder for my to put the shifter in reverse position. It is now to the point that, i do not need to pull up on the reverse knob to put it in reverse. If i pull up on the reverse knob it will not go into reverse. This has also caused me some issues shifting from 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th. I took it in for the dealer to look into, and they stated that it would be " a lot" of labor for them to diagnose the issue. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions. ( i am not that savvy when it comes to this stuff ) I did remove the boot around the shifter and looked around and did not notice anything. I did get underneath and look at the cable slightly but again not knowing what im looking for.

·
Æternum
15,860 Posts
The Cobb unit is adjustable.

I installed one several years ago and found that if you set the shifter to the shortest throw, it can drop the reverse lockout cable too far and cause rubbing issues.

If I were you, I'd adjust the throw on the shifter and inspect the lockout cable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts