ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever see a shift plate in a wrx instead of a shift boot? I think it would be cool, but not sure if it's possible at all.
Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329252809.133271.jpg

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
There have been talks. The general consensus is that it is not an option. The trans, to which the stick is connected directly, just moves around way too much - watch your gearstick during a hard turn sometime.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
There have been talks. The general consensus is that it is not an option. The trans, to which the stick is connected directly, just moves around way too much - watch your gearstick during a hard turn sometime.
I've really noticed this on my 6-speed...there is a TON of play. Still shifts fine, but it's the inherent nature of a Subaru tranny. I imagine it'd move less with all the bushings replaced.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
I've really noticed this on my 6-speed...there is a TON of play. Still shifts fine, but it's the inherent nature of a Subaru tranny. I imagine it'd move less with all the bushings replaced.
that was gonna be my question...although as a follow-up, if you replace all the bushings, could you then hold onto the shifter when driving?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts