ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick Question for Sti owners,

Has anyone had the problem where the shift light comes on around 2.5k rpm? I just bought a used sti and noticed that instead of lighting up right before redline it lights up around 2.5k...

It's starting to get kinda annoying and it worries me if its supposed to do that.

Thanks in advance!
-Mark

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VVVV said:
Your manual will tell you how to reset the light to a different RPM.
Thanks for the quick response! Sorry for the noob question. I didn't have any luck searching for it.

BTW, I LUVVV my Sti! I'll get some pics up soon. ;)

·
Registered
508 Posts
AsianWRX said:
Quick Question for Sti owners,

Has anyone had the problem where the shift light comes on around 2.5k rpm? I just bought a used sti and noticed that instead of lighting up right before redline it lights up around 2.5k...

It's starting to get kinda annoying and it worries me if its supposed to do that.

Thanks in advance!
-Mark
with the engine off, you can turn the knob to the right below the tach and the tach will go up with the light flashing (if I recall correctly).....just let it wind up until you are at the rpm you want the light to illuminate. I set mine at 500rpm's below redline so that it warns me that a shift is upcoming.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
needsboost2005 said:
How about the pics that you promised.
:eek:
Sry for the delay. I waxed my wife's wrx last week and didn't have time to get to mine. I'll wax it this week so she'll be all shiny for the photo shoot. Stay tune ;)

BTW, I set the shift light at 6k, since that's where our peak is. Where do you guys set yours?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts