Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shift Knobs

I will be installing my new Kartboy shifter soon and I want to get a new shift knob. I've seen some really cool looking ones from MOMO but I wanted to get some ideas of what other people have or would get. MY WRX is Pearl Blue, so I'm not sure if I want a black shift knob or a blue one to match.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hi,
This is what i have in my rex. I love it. It's easy to grip and I like the aluminum/leather combination.

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
The MOMO knobs are not threaded. They are attached using 3 set screws. It's best to loctite them to avoid vibration loosening.

I have a Momo Short Anatomic lying around if anyone needs it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
There is a thread floating around I-club that had threaded inserts for the Momo shift knobs for sale. Mine's attached with the set screws, and I haven't had any problems.

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,990 Posts
Here's mine installed, but without the aluminum trim ring at the bottom. I just pulled the boot up over the shifter threads to avoid shoving the boot down too much.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
My cousin made me a shift knob out of stainless steel, with my Initials on top and 3 lins around it. It's awsome I'll get pics once i buy a digi cam.

·
Registered
131 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:
My girl friend is giving me this one for my birthday:

It matches the steering wheel PERFECTLY!

-Jim
I've got that one, but the bottom half is aluminum, not the rubber coating like the one you show. I love it though, came with the kartboy I bought used. :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
The Enemy said:

I've got that one, but the bottom half is aluminum, not the rubber coating like the one you show. I love it though, came with the kartboy I bought used. :D
Actually the bottom on it is not rubber. The whole knob is made of leather, and it is perferated leather liek the leather on our steering wheels.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts