Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 subaru wrx premium
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are the specifications I need to look for when gettin an aftermarket shift knob? So I make sure it fits, like thread pitch?

·
Registered
2018 subaru wrx premium
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect thanks man, I'm trying to find a teal one to match my perrin hyper teal engine dress up parts

·
Registered
2018 subaru wrx premium
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol yeah, I'm kinda in love with that color with my black car, looks good I think.

·
In Æternum
16,277 Posts
Consider doing the reverse lockout ring when you do the knob. I think it enhances the feel to go with something heavy and metal.

·
Registered
2018 subaru wrx premium
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lmao, not quite what I'm looking for
Thinking about this one

·
In Æternum
16,277 Posts
This company did well by me:

I am a big fan of traditional lightbulb shaped shift knobs, not the funky shapes.

Billetwerkz does Aluminum, Steel, and titanium. With shifter bushings, you don't need a lot of weight in the knob for a positive shift. I have an aluminum knob and it's great.

·
In Æternum
16,277 Posts
Here is my aluminum lightbulb in Galaxy Red with Rear Lockout from Billetworkz

I don't always believe modifications add value, but when it comes to shifting, my stance is different.

My STI has all shifter bushings replaced, aftermarket short shifter, rear lockout, and shift knob.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have several knobs from Raceseng. I don't have the slammer, bud I do have two weighted knobs. The weight really doesn't make any difference to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts