ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to remove my shift knob today and it was difficult. I dont want to screw anything up so i was just wonderin, which way do i turn it and how much force should i have to put on it to get it loose?

Thanks for any answers:wiggles:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Twist it to the left, anti-clockwise. The shift boot will, with a bit of resistance, pop off of the knob if you pull down firmly on it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just tried to take my shift boot off of the shift knob. It has a little plastic thing attached to it. I think that my car might be different its an 05 I dont want to **** anything up so if anyone who has an 05 and has switched their shift knob has done it help me out

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw the plastic thing is like an upside down cup that holds the boot and the knob together, it has a little whole in it so that the knob can be screwed on. I dont know by looking at it but i am just guessing what it looks like

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
that little plastic piece will come right out. Just give it a tug. You won't hurt nothing. I have done it a million times. I have an 02 WRX.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will the plastic thing slip out of the knob or will the boot slip over the plastic thing. and what do i do with it when i install my new knob

·
"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout"
4,124 Posts
The plastic is like a ring that fits over a lip on the bottom of the shift knob, to hold the boot up.

It's kinda like a plastic soda bottle cap with a circle cut out of the top of it, and it slides up over that lip to hold it in place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts