ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, just what the title says. What do you think are the absolute best-looking convertibles, which you would undoubtedly have if money were no object?

Personally I don't care for "supercars." A colleague just got a (used) R8, and while cool-looking, I don't think it's the most beautiful car I've ever seen.

I'll throw a few out...

Fiat Spyder

View attachment 310641

BMW Z4

Alfa Romeo

Jaguar Type F

Porsche 911

I think the Alfa and Porsche look a little stubby. The Fiat and Jag recall the roadsters of the 60's, while the BMW is a more modern, long-nosed version. I would take any of the above I guess.

·
something else forever
3,838 Posts
i think convertibles are for people who aren't actually into cars - lol

that Porsche is stunning - 2nd place to the Alfa Romeo

----- before someone gets triggered: convertibles are normally heavier and less aerodynamic while being less safe than their "coupe" counterparts

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,336 Posts
The Right, L.J.K. Setright,stated it is "the most intelligent.... minimalism every to succeed as a car."

You are wrong; he is right.

He is the Right Setright.

View attachment 310697

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always had a thing for the old z3 convertible
I wouldn't mind a Z3 in baby blue or British racer green with a 3-L I6 or the 3.2-L M version. It would have to be in pristine condition though. I admit it has a retro appeal.

The Z3 was basically jerry-rigged from other BMW models, while the Z4 was designed from the ground up. The Z3 interiors were not very refined, and the ride and handling was not nearly on par with the Z4. I looked at one for a millisecond before I got my Z4. Side by side there's just no comparison.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would like to get my hands on a s2000. seems like a nice car to drive.
Yeah, I test drove one once. Very nice. I think the S2000 and Miata are both fine looking cars and handle great.

The problem is finding one in good condition at a decent price. Plus the electronics would be dated--wouldn't bother some, but I'm pretty wedded to my streaming music and bluetooth phone (not that that's a great thing in a convertible LOL).

·
Registered
161 Posts
Jeff,

Go for the gusto. Break out all the tools and the drip pan to fit underneath the car and go for a TR6. Classic design that will always be timeless. It should only take 30-40 hours of your time, per week, to keep it running.

·
2,548 Posts
I've got no hair, so I like coupes.

That said, I made this image 16 years ago as a pretty cool roadster:

Besides, I already have a nice roadster:

·
Registered
124 Posts
That Jaguar is mehh to me.

Convertibles would be 911 (dream car) m3, ap2 s2k,

If we're not talking super cars, there are few convertibles that are appealing to me. I like the alfa romeo, and how they brought it back, but that front end is fugly.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've decided the current MX-5 is the sexiest cabriolet ever made. ;-)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Bump and revive a bit:

I realize the second picture is of the coupe. However, it is an All-American activity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts