Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for good service department or WRX tech in Reading, PA area and/or places to avoid.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
I have always found that the dealership who sold the car is at least happy to see it brought back for service (vs. taken elsewhere.)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have always found that the dealership who sold the car is at least happy to see it brought back for service (vs. taken elsewhere.)
I would but drove 2.5 hrs to NJ for better deal. So little far to run back and fourth. I guess one of the downfalls to purchasing out of area.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ive been happy with Steve Moyer service in Leesport but have only been there for routine oil changes and tire rotation. No BS, fast, friendly, they do what you ask, free food while waiting. Ive taken cars Ive bought and didnt buy there and they don't seem to care. Haven't had any warranty claims or problems though so YMMV.

I bought the new WRX in Lancaster. Havent had a chance to try them out yet as they dont have on the fly no appt oil changes like Moyer. Maybe when they move to their new digs in the summer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been happy with Steve Moyer service in Leesport but have only been there for routine oil changes and tire rotation. No BS, fast, friendly, they do what you ask, free food while waiting. Ive taken cars Ive bought and didnt buy there and they don't seem to care. Haven't had any warranty claims or problems though so YMMV.

I bought the new WRX in Lancaster. Havent had a chance to try them out yet as they dont have on the fly no appt oil changes like Moyer. Maybe when they move to their new digs in the summer.
Thanks for the input. I'm close to central to piazza, moyer, and roberts. I'm having a problems with an unusual engine ping that needs to be evaluated. Maybe I'll try moyer.

·
Registered
338 Posts
can you describe this ping?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I have a whole write up on it on this forum under tech/mod/repair ----> Then general maintenence/trouble shooting---> 17 WRX engine noise. I attached a link with a video to that post and you could hear it well. I don't know if I could copy it to this post (new at this). I haven't gotten any responses yet. If you could take a look I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have a whole write up on it on this forum under tech/mod/repair ----> Then general maintenence/trouble shooting---> 17 WRX engine noise. I attached a link with a video to that post and you could hear it well. I don't know if I could copy it to this post (new at this). I haven't gotten any responses yet. If you could take a look I'd really appreciate it.

I'll check it out when I get home, Im intrigued to see if I have it as well and just never noticed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll check it out when I get home, Im intrigued to see if I have it as well and just never noticed
Awesome, thanks. I only really could hear it with radio off and windows up. What octane do you run?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Looking for good service department or WRX tech in Reading, PA area and/or places to avoid.
Thanks

Awesome, thanks. I only really could hear it with radio off and windows up. What octane do you run?

Ive always used 93 and using top tier stations as much as I can

·
Registered
338 Posts

couldnt get it to work at home, and Im blocked at work. :(

·
Registered
338 Posts
dude that is weird. Not regular or rhythmic, just random I dont recall ever hearing that on mine., or on any car

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought the same. Taking it to steve moyer on monday to get their opinion. In the mean time I'll continue to wait for popcorn to exit the tailpipe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts