Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have heard alot about sequential shifters and been looking around for some but couldnt find any for the wrx... if you have any info on them please send a reply.. if you have a site where you have seen some tell me so i can buy

·
Registered
114 Posts
It is not possible to have a sequential shifter in the wrx because the stock wrx has a synchromesh 5 speed gearbox. at each gate, a standard H pattern shifter actuates an independent shift fork, which engages one set of gears. sequential shifting has a sequential shifter, which is nothing more than a "ratchet" that rotates a drum with grooves wrapped around it. As the grooved drum rotates, the grooves actuate the shift forks to engage the gears in SEQUENCE. move the shifter up to up-shift and down to down-shift. so you really can't install a sequential shifter in a stock WRX unless you have a sequential gearbox.

·
Registered
114 Posts
sorry, there isnt a way to convert it (no bolt on's or anything like that), you would have to upgrade to sequential tranny. a really good set of tranny will cost you a lot of money, that's why most street tuners dont do too much with tranny. but i would recommand simply upgrade such as lightened flywheel, upgrade clutch, etc. upgrades like that will definitely help change the drive dynamics of your car. good luck with your modding.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Such a conversion would cost well over $10k.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx guys i will look into the flywheel and stuff and skip the 10 k upgrade...but i heard of a sequential shifter that converts a h pattern shifter into a sequential shift ...its by ikeyaformula... have any of you heard of this or is this not going to work either and im just being o optimistic

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
What exactly do you need this for? I could understand if it was a race but whats so bad about a regular H gate in a street car?

·
Registered
178 Posts
thats pretty sweet. i could see if you do alot of drag racing. any one know it this kit is sloenoids, or just changes linear motion of your force, so you dont bang gears all the time?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,648 Posts
Subaru used a conventional H gearbox with paddle shifters for some time, but they have since moved on.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Has any one heard or seen one of these Trutrack sequential units for the wrx?
www.conquestengineering.net
Watch the vids at the bottom.:thumbup:

I know it would be pointless on a street driven car, but I'll be damned if it doesn't look fun, which IS the point come to think of it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts