ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bro is getting a new car and since our cars are worth about the same I am thinking about selling the Subaru and buying his Audi. The Subi is a lot fo fun to drive but the Audi is so refined. And is pretty quick.. What would you do?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Personally I do not like the A4, but its all a matter of opinion. Therefore i'd say go with whatever you like.

·
Registered
439 Posts
unless it was an S or an RS model, i wouldn't do it either. for just the A, keep the subaru.

though.... i assume on a WRX website we're going to be a little biased.

·
Registered
80 Posts
when did that change the passat and a4 have always been the same body. b5 b5.5 etc the audi is not as small or based off of the crappy jetta body.

·
Registered
80 Posts
when did that change the passat and a4 have always been the same body. b5 b5.5 etc the audi is not as small or based off of the crappy jetta body. check you info im pretty sure im right. and i verified

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
//Ray's standard "move to luxury speech follows:

I assume you've driven the A4 in question, and know what you're getting? I too thought that I wanted refinement, back in 2005. I sold my VF34'd WRX privately, and bought a new G35c 6-speed, black, heated leather seats, etc. It was gorgeous, comfortable, fast enough...and a true bore to drive. While I can see having a "luxury-oriented" car in my stable, I can't have it as my only car.

Your needs will be different, of course. Just remember to notice the things about your WRX that make you smile, assuming that it does so. Those things may be missing from the A4. (I drove a 1.8T Quattro A4 years ago...great car, what a nice interior!)

when did that change the passat and a4 have always been the same body. b5 b5.5 etc the audi is not as small or based off of the crappy jetta body.
The Passat and A4 have always had the same body? They've always looked somewhat different to me. The same platform, yes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm actually going the other way around...wondered what people's thoughts are. I have a 09' Audi TT 3.2 Quattro Prestige package (manual) and about to buy a 2012 WRX Limited. While I have loved the TT at some point I'm going to have to go w/a sedan and whats better than getting a great engine w/4 doors? :) My only concerns are road noise (how bad), MPG and look (does interior for limited look cheap) the WRX will be vs. the TT (probably more refined) but from where i've read the Road noise isn't really all that bad, the MPG is probably simliar to my TT now, though I haven't seen the interior of a limited in person since there's none at all available in New England...

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2012 WRX, and a 2012 A4 Prestige S-Line.
The A4 wins hands down in refinement and luxury.
The WRX wins in fun to drive, and performance.
My A4 has an APR Stage3 K04 upgrade done to it. It's pretty damn quick, but it also a heavy car.
Since I bought the WRX, I very rarely drive the A4 anymore, it's basically the wife's now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the comments Toknee! Is the road noise between your A4 and WRX a HUGE difference that it can be annoying for others such as your wife? When I drove the base model on a test drive I really didn't notice too big of a difference. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the comments Toknee! Is the road noise between your A4 and WRX a HUGE difference that it can be annoying for others such as your wife? When I drove the base model on a test drive I really didn't notice too big of a difference. Thanks!
I think tires will play a major role in perceived road noise.

When I had the Conti Sport 3 on the A4, they were louder than the Conti DWS I now have on the car.

I perceive the A4 as a little quieter, but on smooth pavement, they are about the same.

When the road gets a little rougher, the WRX is definitely louder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the quick response! I too have the Conti DWS and love them. I think I would get those tires again for the WRX as well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts