Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Seibon carbon fiber reverse hood scoop . I have never seen such a nice weave of carbon fiber before ! I just installed my Perrin FMIC also so there was no need for the stock scoop .

Should I keep it Carbon or paint it white to match the car ? Any and all comments welcome ! Please help me decide ! Thanx , Dave

·
Registered
281 Posts
That is the way to do it, good job:cool:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Evilevo8 said:
That is the way to do it, good job:cool:
Thanx ! Does that mean keep it carbon fiber and not paint it white ? I think out of about ten people that have seen it in person only one has said that it should be white . I may do a carbon fiber trunk to match !;)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i thikn you should keep it carbon fiber, and let it be the beginning of a theme on your car. i like when cars have a lot of matching cf pieces, but just one seems out of place.

side markers, lip, trunk, um... i'm sure there is more.

o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
93 Posts
dizastical,

Hey man, thats lookin REAL HOT right there!! :) Leave it black! It looks perfect on white! BTW, how is the VF22 workin' out?

-Matt

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wrinkleboi said:
i thikn you should keep it carbon fiber, and let it be the beginning of a theme on your car. i like when cars have a lot of matching cf pieces, but just one seems out of place.

side markers, lip, trunk, um... i'm sure there is more.

o-|-<) bryan
I second that!...a little bit of carbon fiber here and there makes it subtle and very very attractive :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
That looks absolutely beautiful! If I could afford to change my car to get an FMIC...I would definately do exactly what you have done! I love that hood scoop, and WHITE is definately the best...I'm sure Matt (StillWILL) would agree...;) Nice work!

How much did it end up costing for a full FMIC conversion if you don't mind me asking? I am definately interested...

-Shane :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Where did you get the scoop from cause its looks pimp! Leave it carbon.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The FMIC is a Perrin and I got it from Garret @ worldone performance . It goes for about $1450 shipped . Fit and finish are top notch ! I had NO fitment issues that other people have claimed they had . The Seibon scoop I got from Ferdie @ South Coast Subaru . It was $275 shipped ! Well worth every penny . I have had fiber images hoods in the past and I thought it could not be more perfect . Then I got this piece ! Even with all the curves and angles it is flawless . Perfect weaves throughout . Should I get rid of the rear wing and run the Seibon trunk ? It would look like this pic that I found on cardomain.................

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
STILLWILL

I have only driven the car once since I put the VF22 turbo on . My boost controller was all wacky because I left a cap on the valve by accident . The next day it snowed 4" !:mad: I just finished the car about three days ago ! The new mods list is below . I any getting it tuned at the end of the month at XXtuning . Hoping for close to 350 @ the wheels on 93 octane . If it doesnt come close then a bigger turbo will be on its way mid summer . I might drive it today because the snow has already melted . One day its 50 degrees out ........................ the next its 28 and SNOWING ! They are calling for 6"-18" by friday so I better drive it today while I can !;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Dave,
The scoop looks awesome....don't paint it. As for the trunk, it would need to be painted...looks ghetto w/o paint.

Todd

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does South Coast Subaru have a website or do you have some contact info?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess i'm the odd one out here, but I would say to paint it white. Car looks beautiful BTW. Nice mod list.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts