Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I need some assistance. My boyfriend has a birthday coming up, and I want to get him heated seat inserts or a new exhaust system for his 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX hatchback. I need recommendations. He wants his Subaru to be louder and a little more aggressive, but heated seats are a win for both of us. Where's the best place to start shopping? I've looked at the Subaru parts store online, and it's a little difficult with my lack on knowledge on cars so I've come to the experts. :)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Pick out the exhaust and google it. Buy from wherever you can find it cheapest, preferably with free shipping.

If he wants REALLY loud, I would go with nameless mufflerless. If he wants something a littler louder, look into invidia. It seems like most owners likes that exhaust.

Just keep in mind that exhaust note and loudness is a pretty big preference. It took me a lot of time listening to higher quality youtube videos with a good set of earbuds. I don't care to talk to most other Subaru owners or car "tuners" so I listened to in cabin videos and drive by videos. I don't feel like the videos where a microphone is placed a few feet away from the rear bumper of the car gives you much of a perspective at all.

Unless you know he already has something in mind, I would consider another gift. $1,200 - $1,500 shouldn't break any responsible owner's bank, but it's a lot of money for such a vanity purchase. It doesn't do much for power gains.

Good luck.

·
voidin warranty since 05
835 Posts
How loud do you want to go?

I have an Spt which is supposed to be the most subdued. Next mid tier of decibel would prob be q300 and the loudest is prob nameless.

Another good way is to YouTube videos of diff hatch specific exhausts so you can hear, not only loudness but exhaust notes and tones.

·
Super Moderator
10,883 Posts
Hello! I need some assistance. My boyfriend has a birthday coming up, and I want to get him heated seat inserts or a new exhaust system for his 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX hatchback. I need recommendations. He wants his Subaru to be louder and a little more aggressive, but heated seats are a win for both of us. Where's the best place to start shopping? I've looked at the Subaru parts store online, and it's a little difficult with my lack on knowledge on cars so I've come to the experts. :)
Corsa or bust. Anything else is just passing awayoneh in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts