Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this hasn't been asked before, but I have been searching and cannot find a comprehensive answer. So I thought I'd go ahead and ask!

What is the difference between the sedan and wagon accounting for the $500 price difference between the two? Is there options differences? Is the wagon just cheaper for them? (I would think it would be mroe expensive). Did they think it would be harder to sell the wagon and offered it cheaper to move it?

Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Registered
339 Posts
The wagon has some slight suspension differences from the sedan (20mm narrower track, smaller diameter rear sway bar) but I think you're right on the money saying that they wanted to move them off the lot faster. Usually wagons are more expensive than their sedan counterparts but, as the the WRX in general, Subaru wasn't sure how well it would sell. Turns out though that the wagon is selling faster than dealers can get them. Some will gladly trade a sedan for a wagon because they know it will sell almost immediatly. I love my wagon. The sedans are very nice but there is something about doing all the sedan can do in a wagon. They have a coolness factor all their own.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was surprised that the wagon was cheaper myself. Other than the difference in suspension, the front fenders are different as well. The wagon's fenders don't flare out like the sedan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts