Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a deposit down on a wagon but have been vacillating between that and the sedan. Obviously both have their own distinct advantages, and if the wagon had the same specs and body panels as the sedan I wouldn't even be asking. But since I'm a newbie, I thought I'd throw the question out to the forum as a thread and see what y'all think!

btw, Crabtree Subaru in Shelton, CT is advertising $50 over invoice until 1/31.

The second question I have might be for another forum but I'll ask it here anyway. I want a litlle extra performance with as little hassle as possible. From what I've read, an MBC is cheaper than an EBC, but beyond price, is one or the other superior especially if I don't want to be tuning the car all the time?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

·
Registered
339 Posts
IMO I've alway been bias toward the wagon. That's why I got one. There's just something about pulling off four wheel drifts and out accelerating other cars in a station wagon. My friend bought a WR Blue sedan and I love it too. It comes down to what you need. If you need some cargo carrying capacity, the wagon is the choice, no question. The weight difference is only 80 lbs. However, none of the aftermarket bodykits for the sedan will work on the wagon. That's fine with me because I'm going for the stealth. The pieces that really do matter (Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain) all fit. Althought I think there are some minor differences between the rear suspensions.

Anyway the sedan is very cool. You'll be able to mimic the WRC car with all the body kits and wings. But there is just something about having all that performance AND being able to use it for your inevitable needs. Trust me people don't expect the wagon to be as fast as it is. Wagons are also more rare than the sedans so they have a coolness factor all their own.

Happy Driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts