ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to all this Subaru stuff so i was wondering if anyone has or knows someone who has tried or succeeded in putting WRX sedan front fenders on a WRX wagon. I would like to have the wider more aggressive stance on my 2005 wagon, but do not want to put aftermarket front fenders on my baby. Any input on this question would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone. :)

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
You need everything except the grille, hood, and lamps since the bumpers are also different. Feasible. The rears are worse.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
^ What he said.

But if you don't do the rears too it's going to look dumb...

·
The Default One
4,489 Posts
But if you don't do the rears too it's going to look dumb...
That's a matter of opinion. I've seen several Wagons with Sedan front fenders and think they look great.

You'll also need fender well liners.

Also keep in mind that the front end track is 1inch wider. So each fender is going to be 1/2" further from the tires.

·
29,225 Posts
The rears are not a bolt on affair though, they will require creative dentistry. Fronts with the parts and some luck even I could manage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input on this. Not sure if i will do the sedan front fenders but it was just an idea on if it would even work. Thanks guys

·
29,225 Posts
There, the rears were done very well also. Looks more complete with rears done as well as the easier fronts. I could not do that, it is orders of magnitude above my ability. Great car.

·
Æternum
20,585 Posts
It is pretty, but kind of a wasteful mod. You'll be able to fit approx. 0.5" wider wheels, but at the price point, it seems hardly worth it.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Yeah, I think there was a sort of "because I can" mentality to the build. If you've got bodywork to do anyway on a wagon, and have some sedan body panels, it would be a fun project, but there's not denying it's a ton of work.

Here's a full conversion build thread, BTW: How To: Wagon Rear Sedan Conversion: - NASIOC

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
That's a matter of opinion. I've seen several Wagons with Sedan front fenders and think they look great.

You'll also need fender well liners.

Also keep in mind that the front end track is 1inch wider. So each fender is going to be 1/2" further from the tires.
Keep your opinion to yourself! :tongue:

I still think it would look silly, especially when viewed from the front, back or 3/4 view. I imagine the spacing issue can be fixed with longer wheel bolts and spacers, though that's enough of a difference from stock I'd wonder how much extra stress all of the suspension components have to take.

There, the rears were done very well also. Looks more complete with rears done as well as the easier fronts. I could not do that, it is orders of magnitude above my ability. Great car.
Many orders of magnitude above my ability too! That job was very professionally done and unless you work at a body shop and have mondo skills, probably something you'd have to pay an arm and a leg for.

Where did you find that wagon, i want to know more about it.
Total cost for that is going to easily run $5k and probably closer to $7-8k unless you're an expert in body work including welding and painting and can DIY it. Still want to know more? ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts