Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love some advice and opinions,

I just received my 2018 WRX Limited (White) a few weeks ago. I live in an area where we’ll have significant snow on the ground for the large majority of the winter. I’m going to mount snow tires to the stock wheels and purchase another set of wheels to mount my warm weather tires to.

I do not plan on taking the car to the track; I will not be doing any street racing. This car is my daily driver and I’m in my 40’s so I’m past the need to try and impress my friends. That said I’d like a pair of cool looking wheels in black.

In general I think I’m down to 2 different wheels. I realize that they are not premier brands but I’m looking to see if members here have a preference one way or another as far as quality and reliability.

I’m between the Avid AV-20 and the Enkei Raijn

Love to get your experience and opinions before I spend the money.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

JB

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,468 Posts
Enkei is a good quality wheel. They have made OEM wheels for Subaru in the past - not sure of now. Avid is a great unknown, likely not up to Enkei standards.

Go Enkei. Don't overlook OZ.

·
Æternum
15,864 Posts
Enkei is a good quality wheel. They have made OEM wheels for Subaru in the past - not sure of now. Avid is a great unknown, likely not up to Enkei standards.

Go Enkei. Don't overlook OZ.
Still do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
Enkei . . . no complaints. I bought a set to mount my snow tires. I could have been cheap and gone with plain Jane steel wheels, but I figure here in Maine I have the snow tires on for half the year or so and opted to splurge for a nice looking wheel.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I mounted my winter wheels on the oem enkei & got the enkei edr9 rims for summer. I have been happy so far. I think they are a bit lighter but no noticeable difference. They were cheap compared to some others I looked at. If I remember correctly, about $128 each.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to those who replied. I'll be ordering today. Before I do can anyone confirm that the 2018 WRX Limited does indeed have 18'x8.5" 5x114.3 bolt pattern and a 50mm offset?

·
Registered
386 Posts
*Update: Found on Fast WRX

2015+ WRX wheels:

Bolt pattern: 5x114.3
Centerbore: 56.1mm
Wheel size: 17 x 8"
Offset: +55mm
Tire: 235/45R17

Bolt pattern: 5x114.3
Centerbore: 56.1mm