Subaru WRX Forum banner

Seats

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Fernwrx 
#1 ·
Hey, so I just picked up a 2019 wrx. It’s got the stock seats still and it’s really uncomfortable for me to ride long distance. If I drive to the mall which is like 25 minutes from home, and back, my right leg starts to hurt. I’m 5’11 220lbs. I feel sturdy on the seats but my leg gets really tired and sore. Anybody else have this issue? I can’t find the right position to drive in

#6 ·
I'm sure that it's a deeply personal thing depending on your own body.

Your stock seats are similar to my stock STI seats, and I don't have any discomfort unless I'm driving for 6 hour+. HOWEVER, my wife's Kia Sportage makes my leg hurt after only about 20 minutes of driving. Doesn't bother her incidentally. I suspect it might actually be the pedal box geometry more than the seat itself.

#9 ·
I'm sure that it's a deeply personal thing depending on your own body.

Your stock seats are similar to my stock STI seats, and I don't have any discomfort unless I'm driving for 6 hour+. HOWEVER, my wife's Kia Sportage makes my leg hurt after only about 20 minutes of driving. Doesn't bother her incidentally. I suspect it
might actually be the pedal box geometry more than the seat itself.
zax , i think you're on to something, but also feel its a combination of that and the short support, when i had my m3 it had the option of extending the seat area towards the wheel and i always had it fully extended. currenly my wrx has a severe lack of lumbar support so i use some of the infant pads that came with my kids carseat and that helps but it pushes me just a little bit forward in the seating that my legs are not supported very well. wish there was a way to remedy that besides getting another seat which i really dont want to do because of the airbags in the stock one.
The problem I have is the seats are too narrow. The back, I mean. The seats were made by small people for small people. I am just under 6', 215 lbs, but I am in the gym alot (bodybuilding) and I have fairly well developed lats, so I sit in front of the side bolsters, not between them. I am not huge by any means but I could use wider seat back for sure.
I think you guys are all right. I used to drive a 2014 Si coupe and I never had problems. The pedals were placed a little farther apart and the bolsters were slightly bigger. In these seats, I sit pretty tight inside the bolsters, which is fine, but I can tell the seats are not meant for bigger people. Just like you, my last are pretty wide and I feel it on the seats. I’m scared to get aftermarket seats and face the same problem if it’s just the pedal placement and distance.

#7 ·
zax , i think you're on to something, but also feel its a combination of that and the short support, when i had my m3 it had the option of extending the seat area towards the wheel and i always had it fully extended. currenly my wrx has a severe lack of lumbar support so i use some of the infant pads that came with my kids carseat and that helps but it pushes me just a little bit forward in the seating that my legs are not supported very well. wish there was a way to remedy that besides getting another seat which i really dont want to do because of the airbags in the stock one.

#8 ·
The problem I have is the seats are too narrow. The back, I mean. The seats were made by small people for small people. I am just under 6', 215 lbs, but I am in the gym alot (bodybuilding) and I have fairly well developed lats, so I sit in front of the side bolsters, not between them. I am not huge by any means but I could use wider seat back for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.