ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Ummm... use it... :screwy:
Unless you like eating an airbag and broken glass. An airbag is designed to work with the belts. Without you are asking for some serious hurt.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Yikes.
The law aside, the combo of belt and airbag quite literally saved my life, or at least, saved me from very serious harm in a frontal collision years ago. I'll continue to click it.
Is it somehow constrictive-feeling to you? I felt that way many years ago when the law was enacted, but got over it quickly enough.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Great link.... always wanted to know how to disable that annoying every 20 seconds reminder of impending doom..... that said, I will not be disabling mine. I have (almost) always warn my belt since I got my license just out of habbit. The only time the belt is not on before e-brake is disengaged is for short 1 block trips in my apartment complex. I would rather get fed up with the buzzer and put on my belt than get dumb and leave it off during those 1 block to the convenience store trips....never know when some asshat will T-Bone you

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh I know what u all mean! I wear it most of the time but even if the dog rides in the pass seat u have to listen to it.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
You must have a bigger dog...our Chesador sets off the alarm in our van.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Ah, the seatbelt offenders.Part of my bread & butter.I thank every single one of them for providing me & people of my profession with a livelihood.

Although in many cases my friends over at pathology get to work on them.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
two things....

First, if your dog is going to ride up front, I hope you disable the airbags on that side and or should be using one of these to protect fido Amazon.com: Kurgo Tru-fit Dog Harness, Large (for Dogs 50 to 80 Pounds), Black: Pet Supplies

second... ever notice that the seatbelt warning comes on for the driver and passanger seats (where the driver can see and easily enforce putting on a belt), but there is no alarm for the rear seats where kids normally sit (and parents have to divert attention id their kid likes removing their belt)...whats up with that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
two things....

First, if your dog is going to ride up front, I hope you disable the airbags on that side and or should be using one of these to protect fido Amazon.com: Kurgo Tru-fit Dog Harness, Large (for Dogs 50 to 80 Pounds), Black: Pet Supplies

second... ever notice that the seatbelt warning comes on for the driver and passanger seats (where the driver can see and easily enforce putting on a belt), but there is no alarm for the rear seats where kids normally sit (and parents have to divert attention id their kid likes removing their belt)...whats up with that?
The law, at least in Pennsylvania, says that passengers over 18 are not required to wear a seat belt in the back seat. I imagine this is why the back seats don't have the alarms. The driver and front seat passengers are required and anyone under 18 is required no matter where they sit.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
right...so if that snotty 9 year old who is in the back and thinks he/she knows better than all other people alive unbuckles their belt, why doesn't the driver get a beep or a warning?

·
Registered
123 Posts
the airbag is precisely why the Doberman rides in the back. clicking a seatbelt isn't that irritating for me to do, i would hate to get into a fender bender and have him get hurt from the air bag though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2012 WRX, looking to do the same thing.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I ordered a set of seatbelt buckles from ebay and that stop the chime. Though the main reason I have it is i prefer to wear my harness.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts