ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so if the Cobb CBE conforms to 95 decibel law, how loud exactly is it. Does any one know the decibel output on a stock wrx, or maybe the levels on another brand of exhaust? I have my DP but am now searching for a CBE I have the Cobb and Invidia G200 on my mind. I don’t have to worry about emissions, or crazy cops. I want to hear the rumble, but I don’t want to wake up people in china at the same time. Any ideas, or suggestions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
i put the borla cbe on mine and it sounds great. even all the v8 boyz around my area love the sound. i dont know how loud the stock wrx is or any of the systems since i live in mississippi now, i dont have to worry about much of anything as far a emissions, noise, or well pretty much anything. on the down side it gets boring running v8's all the time

·
Registered
311 Posts
if you got to nabisco and look in the manifesto it has the db levels for pretty much all cbe to tbe but the cobb tbe is 96 at idle and i think it was 102 or 105 at 3krpm.
i personally love my cobb tbe its very deep and bass-e, like you can hear the resonation from inside my house very well but ive yet to have my neighbors complain about it and they are pretty cool anyway for being an elderly couple.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Heres a little sound clip of mine. This is catless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr5HiWkBIT4

Its pretty quiet crusing and on the highway theres no drone, but when to get on it you know its there.

Ive heard the invidia aswell and while its deep and more quiet than most other canister type catbacks its still louder than the cobb. The Greddy EVO2 has a similar sound to the cobb with a bit more pizzaz because of the tip size.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres a little sound clip of mine. This is catless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr5HiWkBIT4

Its pretty quiet crusing and on the highway theres no drone, but when to get on it you know its there.

Ive heard the invidia aswell and while its deep and more quiet than most other canister type catbacks its still louder than the cobb. The Greddy EVO2 has a similar sound to the cobb with a bit more pizzaz because of the tip size.
you just made my day with that clip, that really helps alot. i agree with the tip sizes too i wanted the cobb becasue it is not an obnoxious 5in tip. i do like the blue anodized and cocked out but, id rather get the cobb. thanks again

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
you just made my day with that clip, that really helps alot. i agree with the tip sizes too i wanted the cobb becasue it is not an obnoxious 5in tip. i do like the blue anodized and cocked out but, id rather get the cobb. thanks again
Maybe this will help you decide as well.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=134283110

I chose the COBB because it is loud enough to hear, but not so loud as to attract unwanted attention. You can definately hear it rumble from inside the cabin, yet music and conversation easily overcome it. It also has a stock apperence, which once again, keeps away unwanted attention. The COBB really does sound very nice. I though long and hard about my cat-back choice as well, I am very happy with my decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts