ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So - maybe I'm a complete idiot, but I cannot figure out how to search through Artist or Songs quickly when I hook my iPOD up through the USB connection. I have 1000+ albums on my iPOD so getting to the middle of the alphabet is really tedious and time consuming via the scroll wheel on the stock radio. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to search faster? I know I could use the AUX plug, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having an iPOD interface...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree, it kind of sucks. I used the AUX once or twice and I don't think it sounds as good as the USB input. Plus I had to turn the volume way up to hear it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've messed around with it myself and I couldn't find a faster way.. I just leave it in shuffle at this point and use steering wheel controls to skip songs..

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know the first part I am going to replace when the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not sure if your iPod has bluetooth or not (only the iPod Touches do), but I use my iPhone with it and you get the USB quality sound with the ability to pick songs on the phone itself, plus you obviously don't need a cable.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Why wait until the warranty is up for audio improvements? Go for it!
Well yea the warranty isn't really an issue I suppose, but I don't think I want to shell out the cash for a nice navi unit right now. I was also wondering if the factory kicker sub is compatible with aftermarket head units? I have no idea what type of connector it has, so if anybody knows then please pm me to keep from jacking this thread further lol.

Not sure if your iPod has bluetooth or not (only the iPod Touches do), but I use my iPhone with it and you get the USB quality sound with the ability to pick songs on the phone itself, plus you obviously don't need a cable.
Nice, I am actually using an iPod touch in my car and forgot they have bluetooth. I will have to test that out, thanks.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Does the stock radio have the ability to look through iPod playlists? It can get time-consuming to sift through stuff on my Alpine HU; I put together playlists of things I want to get to quickly.

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
I can look through playlists on the HU on my '12. Infact thats the only thing i think its good for. Good luck searching for a specific song by an artists thats in the lower half of the alphabet. And Subaru forgot that we have to do all this scrolling while driving. Spend too much time changing lanes or shifting in the middle of a song or artist search and it times out and you start over again.

Its just a design flaw, but its just another reason to upgrade to a double din. Its just going to get tricky hooking up steering wheel audio and BT controls to aftermarket.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yea iPod playlists do show up, so that's an easy choice if you set one up before hand. I normally just select an artist and play all songs by them, so yea like pretzel said... it times out way too quick if you are trying to do it while driving.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The fastest way I found was just unplug it find the playlist or artist and then plug it in then steering wheel controls to change the song lol ...but yes still a hastle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts