ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after putting about 110,000 miles on my '02 WRX Wagon, I decided to go ahead and seafoam it. I searched around and didn't find much information on how everyone else did it, so tomorrow I will take some pictures and make a tutorial for everyone.

part deux:

After driving around to burn off the seafoam, i decided to give it a nice pull in third gear to WOT. I was at 3000rpm, gave it gas(not to the floor) and it jumped all the way to 5000 before it was able to catch itself at 4000...aka my clutch is slipping.
So, I was curious as to whether I should go stocker on the clutch or get something else.

Mods:
Mods? what mods!?
All stock

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts
Well, the original clutch fits, works reliably, and will last at least 100,000 miles with your typical use pattern. I'd say it's a winner. I prefer authentic parts whenever possible anyway, but in all honesty you've gone very long and very well with the real item, so I don't see a reason to change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, the original clutch fits, works reliably, and will last at least 100,000 miles with your typical use pattern. I'd say it's a winner. I prefer authentic parts whenever possible anyway, but in all honesty you've gone very long and very well with the real item, so I don't see a reason to change.
+1... no reason to change a good thing!

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, before i go to swap out my clutch...assuming i need a new fly wheel, are there any you guys prefer, or should i also just stick with stock.

·
Registered
106 Posts
well, before i go to swap out my clutch...assuming i need a new fly wheel, are there any you guys prefer, or should i also just stick with stock.
Get a Fidanza flywheel, great for rev matching... Just go to Advance auto can have them look up flywheels for the car, its from a company called zoom, but its a fidanza flywheel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts