ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading many great reviews about this seafoam stuff everyone seems to be raving about i decided to try it out. I followed the directions from the bottle and what Ive seen on the website and on youtube (seen how to, and how not to). After everything was said and done with I honestly can say i don't really notice anything different about my car. I didn't notice any crazy cloud of exhaust coming from the back after I restarted my car. I dont know if I did anything wrong or if i shouldn't be worried or what? Any one ever use it? maybe I didn't use enough.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
You must not have had a lot of carbon build up! I did it to mine too and I had a small short in length cloud of smoke...nothing like you see in some of the videos though.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,220 Posts
My view on this is that if you use Seafoam as instructed on a motor maintained correctly, the motor could last in excess of 200,000 miles; whereas, if you don't use Seafoam, the motor could last in excess of 200,000 miles.

Guess which option I've taken.

·
Æternum
20,574 Posts
The first time you use seafoam (after 65,000 miles for me), the carbon buildup may cause a large amount of smoke to exit the exhaust. If you don't have much carbon buildup, you might not witness much smoke. There has hardly been any smoke since the first time (I use Seafoam approx. every 10K miles).

BTW, have you been introducing the Seafoam through the boost tube?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My subie is 203K right now, The engine is very well cared for. I put it in my vacuum hose like the direction says and also in with my fuel. If there's smoke build then no carbon then I guess thats a good thing. I never used it before and just wanted to try it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts