Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what do you know, the second time I park on the street and someone bumps my rear bumper of my lapis blue and leaves a white scuff paint transfer. It doesn't seem to be deep and it kind of comes off when I rub it. What should I use to get it completely off while protecting the paint from too harsh of a chemical.

·
Super Moderator
24,468 Posts
As little as possible. Most wax has mild abrasive. Start with that and work your way up from there if needed. Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line, from #7, then #9 then #2 (least to more abrasive) is great stuff.

·
Registered
129 Posts
what sasquatch said. i got a scuff a couple months ago from hitting a traffic cone another car dragged into my lane. I actually used a little bit of whitening toothpaste after doing a bit of googling and it worked out pretty well. whatever you do just make sure you clean the area very well before and after

·
Super Moderator
24,468 Posts
I'd stick with products that are meant for paint finishes. Another would be Meguiar's ScratchX. Also good stuff.

A gentle wipe down with a damp cotton terry cloth prior to the scuff removal is all you'll really need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts