ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are getting married in the end of September. In Febuary I told her that we would start crunching on money for the wedding and honeymoon. Well, in March I managed to talk her into letting me go to Cobb 2.5(vf34, injectors, fuel pump). She was tired of me going on about a turbo upgrade. Well, then came the STi cluster, matching boost, egt, oil temp gauges, steering rack bushings, STi 4-pot calipers with porterfield pads, Accessport, and Spec-C water tank. She was not too pleased with all these but she understood my need to mod.:D Yesterday, I came across a set of Group N bushings for lateral links and trailing arms sooooo, I said what the hell and bought em. That did me in. I told her and she went nuts, saying that my cars are more important than our wedding and she's had it. I couldn't really come up with anything to say other than sorry. Actually I could but they would have gotten me into more trouble. She went to stay at her parents last night so i don't know what to expect. So thanks ClubWRX for fueling my need to mod and getting me in deep s**t!! But seriously, I love this site and it's totally my fault, it's just so hard to stop modding even for a few months.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Welcome to the club.

My last brake up, was way over due, ('cause it was going anywhere) however the "final battle" / big argument got started over an argument of me saying I wanted to go to a meet (HIN in Boston last year, I think :confused:). She had to work, so I figure I'll go, she said that it was BS, that the real reason I was going out was to probably meet some girl :rolleyes:... that I was a jerk ...blah-blah-blah... then we both went off.... we starting digging up buried crap that had been bothering us for a LONG time...
anyhoot, long story short... I didn't make it to the meet/car show that week, but I moved her a$$ OUT,.....

thank you ClubWRX.net for making my life so much better. I owe you guys/gals my freedom :D

*face half painted blue and white*
[Braveheart] FRRRRRREEEEDOOOOOOM!!!!!!![/Braveheart] :D

Sad thing is that friends are trying to fix me up with other people...and it usually goes something like this :

my friends : " hey man, let's go out next weekend so you can meet (so-and-so) "
me : " but .........but......... there's a meet that weekend :("

lol .... I luv you guys *tear* ... but you ain't gettin' my bud light

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Cuda said:
it's just so hard to stop modding even for a few months.
by the way... do a search on the "modaholic" thread.... there's help out there brother... there's help

·
Registered
104 Posts
Awe...the best thing to do is just be honest with her. It's an addicting habit...but modding is just a way of life for some...

I'm hoping to get mods from my hubby (whenever I do get one) for my birthdays, christmas and whenever....no flowers or jewellery...I need my fix of new car parts! haha...:D

Good Luck and I hope things get better for ya...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Tell her u put ur car up for sale, she want she says.

OR u can REALLY put it up for sale, weddings seem to cost alot. Give her a really good wedding. Then with all the gifts u get..sell on ebay...buy a evo rs or a srt-4..ur set!:D

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
5,400 Posts
First things first.
You need to let her know one thing. And that is that when the car is maxed out with mods, there is really nothing left to buy. There is nothing left to do but work on her car, (And have extra spending money.) You are just trying to get it to that point prior to the wedding.
And one thing that you need to know. I am getting married on the 12th of November. It may be easier for me that she lives 1000 miles away, and I only see her ever couple of months, but the deal is simple. until 3:00 on the 12th, my money is my money and her money is her money. That is why I purchased a brand new engine dyno, three sets of heads, two blocks, four cranks, nine cams, 800 yards of carbon-fiber and the list goes on and on and on. . . The phrase "our budget" means nothing until the 12th. "You go buy the shoes, clothes and furnature you want now, cuz after that day all purchases clear the budget."

So, in summary, we are here to ruin your life, and to help you out both. The club is here for you.

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
5,400 Posts
Oh yeah, and I searched the internet and found the time of year that cruises are really cheap as no one goes them. then I bought and paid for the cruise for the honeymoon up front.
She doesn't know or care about the other spending, but when I sent a copy of the e-mail confirmation of the cruise, she was set. The money for the actual wedding may be tight, but she knows that the honeymoon will not be neglected, even though we are leaving two full weeks after the wedding, and miss thanksgiving with families.
My guess would be get some reservations for a honeymoon. Even if it is just a hotel reservation somewhere close enough to drive. A reservation costs nothing, but it may do the trick.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Every post like this puts me further and further from wanting to ever get married... :rolleyes: Guess I just don't feel like pleading and begging to enjoy what I work my ass off 24/7 for, and then giving up half of that or more when she feels like moving on....

-snowcat

·
Registered
0 Posts
Do the only sane thing you can.... SAVE YOURSELF WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!! Marriage if for women, being that they are the only ones who actually seem to get a benefit from it. After being married for 13 years, I will say that if anything ever happens to this one, I would never get married again. Live with someone in a monogamous, loving relationship? Yes. Get married? No

Lawyers have turned marriage into nothing more than a legal status. It's just a contract. And if that contract ever gets broken, 9 times out of 10, the guy gets the crap end of the deal.

One more example how lawyers are ruining the world... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Racenut3.0 said:
Do the only sane thing you can.... SAVE YOURSELF WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!! Marriage if for women, being that they are the only ones who actually seem to get a benefit from it. After being married for 13 years, I will say that if anything ever happens to this one, I would never get married again. Live with someone in a monogamous, loving relationship? Yes. Get married? No

Lawyers have turned marriage into nothing more than a legal status. It's just a contract. And if that contract ever gets broken, 9 times out of 10, the guy gets the crap end of the deal.

One more example how lawyers are ruining the world... :rolleyes:
I love how that was totally biased, but that's your point of view. People all get married for different reasons. Sometimes people end up rushing into marriage, when the whole subject should never be taken lightly. Agreeing to give yourself fully to one person for the rest of your life is a huge commitment. Such a commitment isn't for everyone.

I haven't been married, I plan on getting married one day. I'm not rushing into it with my current bf. If things head in that direction then there are certain things that we will do to make sure that this is truly what we both want.

Lawyers aren't ruining anything. They are just cashing in off the fact that a good chunk of people getting married these days seem to be for the wrong reasons.

I didn't mean to rant here....but getting married should never be a damper. If it is, then you should have never got married or probably aren't ready for it.

btw...I'm a law student and hope to become a lawyer soon. I won't be cashing in on the high divorce rate though.

Just my 2 (canadian) cents.

·
Registered
0 Posts
ImportGirl said:
I love how that was totally biased, but that's your point of view.
Yeah.. totally biased by 13 years of experience. Which these days seems to be quite an acomplishment in itself.

Obviously I'm not living in marital bliss, but I'm not looking at divorce like I was about a year ago. If not for kids and the fear of what even a halfwitted divorce attorney would do to me, I probably would be unmarried by now. Though we get along fine and things are better now. Maybe I should be thankful to lawyers for scaring me into trying harder to make things work?

I'm just saying that I would not do it again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Racenut3.0 said:
Yeah.. totally biased by 13 years of experience. Which these days seems to be quite an acomplishment in itself.

Obviously I'm not living in marital bliss, but I'm not looking at divorce like I was about a year ago. If not for kids and the fear of what even a halfwitted divorce attorney would do to me, I probably would be unmarried by now. Though we get along fine and things are better now. Maybe I should be thankful to lawyers for scaring me into trying harder to make things work?

I'm just saying that I would not do it again.
I respect that this is your opinion and by biased I meant that this is only one marriage out of how many millions?...

Some people live in maritial bliss....some aren't as fortunate.

As for the lawyers...I can't speak for all of them...but some of the ones that I've met are total arsehats and should never be allowed to make a dime.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Cuda said:
We are getting married in the end of September. In Febuary I told her that we would start crunching on money for the wedding and honeymoon. Well, in March I managed to talk her into letting me go to Cobb 2.5(vf34, injectors, fuel pump). She was tired of me going on about a turbo upgrade. Well, then came the STi cluster, matching boost, egt, oil temp gauges, steering rack bushings, STi 4-pot calipers with porterfield pads, Accessport, and Spec-C water tank. She was not too pleased with all these but she understood my need to mod.:D Yesterday, I came across a set of Group N bushings for lateral links and trailing arms sooooo, I said what the hell and bought em. That did me in. I told her and she went nuts, saying that my cars are more important than our wedding and she's had it. I couldn't really come up with anything to say other than sorry. Actually I could but they would have gotten me into more trouble. She went to stay at her parents last night so i don't know what to expect. So thanks ClubWRX for fueling my need to mod and getting me in deep s**t!! But seriously, I love this site and it's totally my fault, it's just so hard to stop modding even for a few months.

My advice, and I admit, I didn't spend the time to read through the rest of peoples comments. But if she is "the one," sell your car. Gotta make her feel like she is what is important.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I found that the trick is, let them know from the start. On my first date with my wife I made it very clear my cars are my babies, and I spend a lot of time and $ on them. That said, I made a similar pact with my wife. We just got married a month ago, but back when we first got engaged she told me to go ahead and spend all my $$ on the car before we got married so that I could help save for a house. I saved up and got my UTEC and some other goodies, sent my Mustang to the paint shop (its still there :mad: ), etc. Things are going good now, but if she found out I bought a new turbo, which by the way is being delivered to my office, I don't think she would be too pleased.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts