Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you Mountain States folks come up with your screen names? What do they mean if anything?

Nick C.

·
Registered
91 Posts
'Dizzy' is my Quake handle. It's short for 'Dizzy the Duck' (even longer story) and a nod to Dizzy Gillespie.

If you couldn't tell, I like jazz. :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
VeganWRX said:
Im vegan wich means I dont eat any animal by-products (like meat, cheese, milk, ect). Im a very picky eater, and usually not a cheap date.
Me too!! Well...for the most part. I was a total vegan for a year.

Anyway, when I was little, my Dad had an SVX which he called the Zoombaru. I stole the name :)

-Kellie

·
Registered
393 Posts
Being Japanese, wanted some sort of Japanese name. Ronin is a Samurai warrior without a master.

2121 = two blackjacks in a row. I love to play blackjack in Vegas!!!

Todd

·
Registered
139 Posts
Turbo this...
Vtec this...
Boost this...
Eat this...
Drink this...
I am this...

You get the idea... ;)

WRXTHIS...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Honestly, when I first signed on I wasn't planning on staying. I had seen a pic of a WRX that had crashed into a house, so I used wrxinthehouse.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Cliff,

I remember the avatar, now it is all clear! That is pretty funny. You plan on showing up to the install after church?

Todd

·
2,210 Posts
'Pace' is an on-screen off-screen nickname I have used since 1992 before HTML (and thus the WWW) had even been 'invented'.

I raced mountain bikes in the early '90s, and if you were involved in the sport in the UK you would probably realize from where I took the name 'pace'.

Basically I'm not very creative with names, so why change it after ten or so years!?!

-Pace

p.s For some time I've wanted to get plates that read 'PACE CAR', but the space counts as a character and I think I'd have to smush it together as one word. :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine is terribly creative either. When discussion boards started requiring names I had to come up with one. I wanted davidm since that used to be a nickname of sorts but it was takin. So I just tacked on SH from when I owned one of my favorite cars. My 1999 Prelude Type SH.

·
Registered
253 Posts
cnst = the construction management classes at the university of nebraska lincoln all started with cnst. created an email address while in college, came up with that one (very creative)

man = (even more creative)

cnstman

·
Registered
444 Posts
pace said:
'Pace' is an on-screen off-screen nickname I have used since 1992 before HTML (and thus the WWW) had even been 'invented'.
You're showing your age.;)
Remember the days of text BBSs and dial-up with 1200 baud modems? My first modem was actually 2400 baud.

I just combined my name with my cars to create CTypeRogerX on the Honda/Acura boards when I had a CRX. Of course, logic dictated that it become WTypeRogerX when I replaced the CRX with a WRX.

·
Registered
176 Posts
WTypeRogerX said:
You're showing your age.;)
Remember the days of text BBSs and dial-up with 1200 baud modems? My first modem was actually 2400 baud.
1200baud was just before my day... 2400baud HAYES modem baby :). I remember hearing about the 300baud modem days [shudder]. Good old X, Y, Zmodem, and Bimodem (could upload AND download at full speed) yah baby [heh].

·
Registered
785 Posts
Ronin2121 said:
Cliff,

I remember the avatar, now it is all clear! That is pretty funny. You plan on showing up to the install after church?

Todd
I'm going to try to. We'll have out of town guests this weekend, but I'm hoping they're busy on Sunday (I think they may be). I don't have anything that I want to install on my car, but I'd love to be there to lend a hand to those installing stuff on their car.

[/highjack]

·
Registered
223 Posts
My last name is Atherton.

Somewhere in college my buddies started calling ATHERTRON. Then it just went to Tron or Tronner.

Now, for the most part, everyone I know calls me Tron or Tronner. For instance the President of my company just walked by and said, "Morning Tron" :D

Pace,
You should just get PACE on your license. That is even cooler, and it will make people ask you what it means and avoid dumb questions like, "What race was that a pace car at? I didn't see it at Darlington, Talladega or Daytona."

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well then, Mr. Tron...........are ya planning on attending the installfest on Sunday (my place)?? You should out and just hang if nothing else.

<hijack> sorry Nick.

Todd
:p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts