ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wad up people..
Heres the problem
I washed my car in a self wash station at Jaxs this afternoon.. I used a micro fiber towel to dry my car.
At night i looked at my car and the light from outside revealed little scratches all around my car..
Is this fixable?? Is there a way i can cover all these retarded scratches??

·
Registered
269 Posts
these subarus seem to have the softest, thinnest paint i have ever seen! You can polish it out with some 3m products, but keeping a suby with a high gloss is going to be hard!

·
Registered
269 Posts
use a mild scratch remover from 3m, it will be in the paint and finish section of auto parts store, not in the wax section. Get car clean, all sand must be washed off. follow directions, scratches will be gone, polished out! I have wet sanded a black car. I sanded car untill it felt and looked like a blackboard. then took a five step repolishing. it took about 20hrs. Looks like liquid black water!
Buick Grand National!

·
6,298 Posts
Go to the Mequires web site (http://www.meguiars.com/) and follow their 3 step process, and toss in the Scratch removal prior to polishing. I would highly recommend you use some Auto Clay prior to scratch remover as any micro bits of debris will only worsen the problem once your start using the Scratch X.

Good luck

·
Registered
948 Posts
use 3m finess (or whatever its called) its a white creamy stuff that is a polish by 3m. Works well. Then wax your car with a good wax that doesn't have too much cleaner in it.

The scratches are not in your paint, they are in your finish, as long as they aren't deep, you should have no problem getting them out.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Eagle 1/Zymol

I just waxed my sti with that new Eagle One Nanowax polish/wax then threw on a coat of zymol wax on top, the car looks brand new at 20K miles. The nanowax took out all the minor scratches that I had gotten on the car in the past 14 months. A couple other points, I have NEVER taken my car in a car wash that has anything contact it (feared the wing would get messed up)....I only do touchless or wash it by hand. I don't think the touchless washes do that great a job no matter how many cycles they use. And even handwashing with small towels still create minor swirl marks from hand-drying. This nanowax took them right out and the zymol is the best wax you can get in my opinion (a bit pricey though). When I had my black wrx, I used to wax it with zymol and when I traded for my sti the general manager to this day still sees me in the dealership and comments about how that was the best looking used black subaru he's ever seen. $40 and your car will look great.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A section of my the shop i work in does detailing...little scratches, bro just get use to it. Theres NO way around it. Its going to happen...whatever you do though, DO NOT USE A BUFFER. very bad idea. Just be delicate as you can, but every car out there gets scratches...even from just washing and drying it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts