Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bah...well this happened awhile ago, but after washing my car this past weekend, it's bugging me again. A couple months ago, I was parked at a restaurant to celebrate my friend's birthday. Afterward, I drove home and went to bed. I then woke up the next morning and went to work...after I got out of the car, I was distressed to find that someone had totally scraped my right rear bumper. It was probably a white car due to the leftover white paint on my bumper. The scrapes go all the way around the corner of it. Needless to say, I was pissed and still am to a certain extent.

My question is this...should I just go ahead and spend $400 to get my bumper repainted, order a brand new bumper, or just wait until C-West or some other body kit manufacturer makes a full bumper to replace it with? I was thinking about waiting for a full C-West bumper to match my front C-West spoiler but I don't even know if they're even going to make one. Suggestions?

·
Registered
115 Posts
i just was parking today and like an idiot i backed in to a cement light post. i hit it about 3 mph on the right rear bumper. there isnt a dent , but the cement like sand particals imbeded into the paint the size of a large grape fruit. it will have to be faired and painted i hope it dosnt cost a lot. i have only had the car for 11 days. this totaly ruined my day. :( it could be worse. i could still be driving a 96 ford ranger ,but instead i have a 227 hp awd turbocharged rocket wagen.

·
Registered
134 Posts
zero sports makes a full bumper.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at that...but would it look funny paired with a C-West front spoiler? heh

·
Registered
306 Posts
I got rear ended a while back. Deeply scratched. The insurance estimated the total cost to $520 for a new OEM bumper, paint job and installation.
I guess the OEM bumper never comes in already painted by Subaru. Unless you ask for it, I don't know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts