ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while on the way to lake winnipesaukee i noticed a loud scraping noise coming from my right front wheel. The noise was really loud, i heard it over my music. i thought i had a flat and was riding on a rim so i pulled over to check it out. after a short investigation i saw that the noise would come from the wheel whenever it started moving, even if the car was just barely rolling. i was 5 minutes away from my friends house so i decided to bring the car there and then pull the wheel off and check it out. the scraping would get louder the faster i went so i decided to slam my brakes to see if it would help and and the noise went away. it sounded like something was scraping the rotor, does anyone have any idea what it was? the car is an 04 wrx with 12k miles on it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Big Sky WRX said:
A small rock lodged between the dust shield and the rotor.

Big Sky

This happened to me when i was coming back from golf one day, and this course i was at had a gravel parking lot, so i found out that was it, took out the rock and Perfect

·
Registered
803 Posts
Mine turned out to be the pad wear indicator on the inside pad. It would come and go and often stop if I slammed on the brakes.

My car has 43K miles on it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts