ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe what a good deal I just got. This thing looks absolutely brand new - but I need hardware. From what I can tell, the two mid-pipe sections are bolted together already. What else do I need? 4 bolts, 4 nuts, 2 flat gaskets, and a 2.5" donut gasket?
Obviously, I have no instructions so any quick guidance is much appreciated.

IMAG0063.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Awww no burnt tips :( sounds like you listed everything you need, its a pretty simple bolt on

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I'd also get a set of hangers.I needed XL hangers for mine.

Comes with 3 pairs of bolts.1 pair 12mm for DP to midpipe.Other 2 pairs are 14mm

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I believe the two gaskets that your needing are both just 3" 2 bolt collector gaskets

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about donut? Just use stock one?
Did I mention I got this for $350 :tongue:

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
No you dont use the donut, the exhaust doesnt seal right to the downpipe. The downpipe is a flat flange so just get a 3" gasket they are cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
will the stock hangers not work? or is it just for dropping the muffler down a little

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Whaaaat? $350?? That's crazy man! Great pick up dude.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
The stock hangers will work, I just don't like messing with my exhaust and I like it to stay put so I buy urethane hangers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick question. If I'm not using donut, only flat gasket to the downpipe, do I still use spring bolts? Or just use regular nut/bolt and torque it down?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry guys, mine did not come with any nuts or bolts - otherwise, I would know what to use.

The problem I'm running into is that everything seems short! The big bend by the rear axle is rubbing against heatshield and the tips are so recessed that the muffler is pulling out of all the bottom hangers. Wtf? I spent two hours and I can't get this close to lining up.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Hook up one of the upper hangers,then onto the other upper hanger on the other side and then onto the lower hangers.
Should go on without any problem.I took off mine & put it back on without any problems.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Hook up one of the upper hangers,then onto the other upper hanger on the other side and then onto the lower hangers.
Should go on without any problem.I took off mine & put it back on without any problems.
This

·
Registered
53 Posts
Its been a while on this thread buy im buying this catback for my
2012 wrx do i need to buy hangers? Or will
Stock work? I have a sedan also

1 - 19 of 19 Posts