Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that can point to a tutorial on how to make my own? I figure a small roll of mesh from the hardware store is a good start, but attaching it looks a little hairy.

I was bahind an 18 wheeler for a bit today, and I started sweating thinking that sand was flying uninhibited into my intercooler.

thx

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I don't think you have to worry about your intercooler because all it is is piping inside. Just avoid going behind 18 wheelers becuase the chance of anything large enough to damage your intercooler is extremely low, you should probably worry more about your hood getting chipped or dented in a situation like that.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know, but i also want my spoiler grill, scoop, and radiator grill to match with the same material...

looks sweet on some cars ive seen online.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think if you do a search on i-club.com, you'll find lots of info on that. The thing was that people were split on whether that was a good idea or not. Seems some people were saying that the mesh would mess with the airflow coming into the intercooler.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i stopped at a local performance motor sports place today, and they are designing a custom mesh grill for the scoop, radiator grill, and the vent on the skirt. he does all the work by hand, and is really flexible on what you want. i can't wait.

no pics till its done though! i want to surprise you all. but with the rims and the skirt?

gonna be sweet.

my baby is almost complete.

just the exhaust, filter, stereo (already got it wired too, just need to connect and mount) and im done.

nope...

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: dark_rex ]

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice. You definitely need to hook those pictures up on this board. How much have you put into your car? I'm looking into a lot of things on an extremely limited budget, so I'm looking for a little help here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts