8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from South Africa. Have been a Scooby owner for the past 6 or 7 years

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, quick question, would there be a member around here who would be able to assist with a sale state side? I am looking for the below wing for my car...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can someone ease assist me. A friend has a 2007 Forester XT and he removed his GFB BOV, will the BOV fit my 08 WRX?

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
Blow off valves are fairly universal. You'll have to check the model of the bov to be sure.

When you install it you'll want it full recirculating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, thanks, some people say it's a direct fit others not. I will adjust it to dump about 30% to atmosphere and recirculate the rest

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
Personally, unless you have converted to a speed density setup over the factory maf system it is your best bet to go with full recirculating. The air is already metered and if it blows it out then the fueling will be off running rich.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My car is in for a tune at the moment so he told me if I can get a BOV before it's done he will do the setup as needed. Hence wanting to know if the BOV of the 07 Forester XT will fit my 08 WRX.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The 07 XT and 08 WRX in the United States both use the EJ255 and the EJ255 was also used in South Africa as well. So it's likely that the your friend's xt and your WRX share the same motor therefore you should be able to directly transfer the BOV. I can't confirm this but it seems likely. XJman's advice about being fully recirculating is important to not however if the tuner can safely tune for it, by all means follow the tuner's instruction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you, I did however get in touch with GFB and gave the them model number which he has and they have told me that mine uses a different model number. The one he has is a 9003 and mine uses a 9001. So according to them it won't fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some of our roads are horrible and some are really good. It all depends where you are driving at. But highways are really good around here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts