Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the Subaru scissor jack a while back. But couldn't figure out how to reseat it in the trunk. When I hit bumps I can hear it rattle. How do you seat it correctly in its place?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Mine fits in it's "holster" like a glove... However I've never extended it (although I have removed it on numerous trips to the dragstrip). Maybe the jack isn't "compressed" all of the way causing it to be ill-fitting?

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
I take my jack out of my car every time I go to the drag strip. You say that it is loose where it sits? Put the jack in place in the trunk where it is supposed to be seated. Adjust the jack by turning the adjuster knob clockwise, like you are jacking up the car. It should expand and tighten itself to the trunk holding area. I had a problem with the jack not seating properly. This is what I did. Try it out. Good luck.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is all the way down. I thought i sat in there a certain way, but I wasn't paying attention when I took it out.

I'll try expanding it. Thanks.

·
895 Posts
yeah, i did that too - took me a while to figure out that there isnt any "special" way to put the jack in there, all you do is slide it in, then twist the knob so it expands to fit.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yes, turn the knob all the way until it is seated tight. As I recall, this jack has to be run all the way out to fit properly in the holder. Anyhow, I seldom need it: it's there for emergency breakdowns and I use the floor jack the rest of the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts