Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well, seems how you live in Knoxville, the WoO and sprints are a fine place to start teaching kids about real racin'. Don't forget there ear muffs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
no advice, but congratulations!! :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JTREX said:
Well, seems how you live in Knoxville, the WoO and sprints are a fine place to start teaching kids about real racin'. Don't forget there ear muffs.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I'm excited!! I've already decided that boy or girl, the're gonna be my drag racing buddy, since my wife isn't into that. Not much on sprints, but really into NHRA top fuel. In fact, going to Joliet, IL in about 2 1/2 weeks.:D
There's just something about a 4 1/2 second 1/4 mile, the sound and feel of 7000 horsepower, and the smell of nitromethane makes me giddy!:D

·
Registered
136 Posts
CONGRATS!! I don't really know anything about kids, but my older friends tell me, when you have kids, time flys!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Firstly,

Congratulations!!!!

Secondly, try to take some time off from work after the delivery (like two weeks) to be with your wife and child. These are moments that can never be relived plus the mother will probably be about at her wits end during week two if you leave her alone!

Thirdly, as mentioned above, spend as much time with your children as you possibly can, they are life's ultimate treasure and once you have them, time WILL FLY!

-Jim

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know I'm certainly looking forward to it...

Just hope I'm an ok dad.;)

Gonna be a long 8 months. But can't wait for the result. I'm kinda hopin for a little girl, but I'll take whatever I get. How many kids you all got? Boys or girls or both?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Listen to PlatinumWRX! Take some time off from work to be with the wife and little one! Aside from missing lots of sleep you'll enjoy spending the time with them and they'll love ya for it!

2 boys 7 and 12 yrs. My best buddies!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
junaitari,

All though it may be tough to tell from my wise advice :D, I am 23 years old, unmarried and I have no kids. I do love children of all ages, except for maybe (2-4 years ;) --- you'll see :D), and I look forward to having my own. My g/f is a few years older than me and wants to have a baby like NOW, but I think it's a little soon for me yet.

In the mean time, I enjoy being with my younger (2nd) cousins and my (soon to be) nieces from my g/f's family. From the time they are born until they get their first real, full-time job, they are kids, IMO. These first 18-21 years are the best in most people lives. As a parent you get to experience youth again, but learn and appreciate new things since this time, it is tempered with wisdom.

Good luck and keep us apprised of the baby's growth and mother's health.

Best wishes,

-Jim

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Congrats, junaitari!:) My wife and I are going to have at least one child, but not for a while (i.e. a couple of years)...still enjoying the time with just us. Not to mention we are both so busy that I cannot imagine having a child at the moment. I know that everything changes once junior comes along. It's for the best, though, that's for sure.

Rod

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PlatinumWRX said:

My g/f is a few years older than me and wants to have a baby like NOW, but I think it's a little soon for me yet.
Beware the wrath of the Biological Clock!! My wife is a few years older than me too. I'm only 23 and at first wasn't really ready, but she kinda talked some sense into me.;)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Congrats!!!
I don't have any kids and I sure am not ready yet. My husband and I are going to wait about 4 years(I hope). I am 25 and still don't feel like losing any sleep. My mother in law, on the other hand, has been pressuring us for about 6 years. You would think that her biological clock is ticking.

I babysat quite a bit when I was younger. Word of advise: Don't stick your finger inside the diaper to see if it's wet, you might end up with a very disgusting surprise:eek:

Good Luck

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Kira. Don't worry about me sticking my finger in the diapers. I'll leave that for the wife;) Just kidding. I'll probably be the one doing the midnight feeding and changing and all that stuff. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
82 Posts
id rather have a girl. not saying i dont like boys, but i just think girls are really cute throughout most of their life. but it would be nice to have a boy and teach him **** about cars at an early age :D

·
1,379 Posts
Congrats! Since everyone else has shared the sunny parts, I feel I should share some cautions: buy any "toys" you want for yourself NOW, and enjoy your extended weekend trips during the next six or so months, because doing them later will come at a steep price (ie, doghouse). And cherish your sleep!

Disclaimer: I have no kids of my own, but shared in raising my brother (significantly younger), and closely observed all my friends having kids. In all cases, I've found that the rewards are great, but the price is steep, especially for the first few years. Be strong and good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts