ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The UPS truck delivered a box today, funny I hadn't ordered anything. It was full of expensive sports jerseys, about 20 of them altogether. The phone number on the shipping label has been disconnected and I only found vague references when I tried to google the company name. I smell a scam but my credit card & bank account are normal. Check out the pics, especially the price tag. WTF??

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called the cops and they took the boxes for 'investigation'. One possible theory is that somebody ordered the stuff with a stolen credit card and used my address with the idea that they would pick them up from my door step before I got home. The UPS guy did not require a signiture, he just left them at the door. Just a theory. Well the police sport league will look sharp in their new jerseys. Except they were all size 54 and XXXL.

And yes, the Kansas City Royal jersey was $650. Some of the others were $370 and similar. Probably $7,500 total.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Dale_K said:
I called the cops and they took the boxes for 'investigation'. One possible theory is that somebody ordered the stuff with a stolen credit card and used my address with the idea that they would pick them up from my door step before I got home. The UPS guy did not require a signiture, he just left them at the door. Just a theory. Well the police sport league will look sharp in their new jerseys. Except they were all size 54 and XXXL.

And yes, the Kansas City Royal jersey was $650. Some of the others were $370 and similar. Probably $7,500 total.
my cousin used to work at neimann marcus and stopped a similar group of theives. they would steal a credit card number, find an old couple with the same last name and use their address. upon arrival of the package someone would be waiting or there soon after to intercept the package, saying they were from neimann's and that it was a shipping mistake. my cuz managed to stop a $20K steal and got rewarded bigtime.

good for you for turning them over... 'cause when whoever's card was used finds out, they'll be very upset.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
i know right , who would spend 1000 dollars on a front mount intercooler ;) when we have a top hehe i guess different things float ur boat. but personaly i wouldnt spend 50 on a jersey lol

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mitchell & Ness makes some pretty expensive/quality stuff, almost all of which is sports memoribilia/merchandise such as hats, jerseys ("throw-backs" as their refered to by the hip-hop/urban crowd), etc. Prices are still waaay too high IMO.

Kinda reminds of something that happened to me with E-bay. I bought a Northface jacket off some guy on ebay, which I got for about $180 shipped (orig. price was well over $300). I got my coat, and about a week later he sent me another one. I tried calling/emailing him but could not contact him, eventually he started getting negative feedback, and currently is no longer a registered ebay user.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Dale_K said:

Your a Good Man and that was Definitly the right thing to do!
Hopefully they can find the person whos credit card was stolen.If not you just might have A butt load of $$ in Jersys!..also might want to watch your house for a lil bit to make sure noboy starts snooping around to see if you still have them...never know!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts