ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of these three top-end boost controllers, I'm having a hard time deciding which to get. Everyone here practically praises the SBC-iD, but the AVC-R has the nice gear and rpm based functions at a much lower cost than the SBC-iD, as well as duty cycle controls. Can anyone shed some light on these three, why I'd want one over another, etc? Thanks.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
you do get a lot more little cool options, and a bigger GUI on the AVC-R, but it only uses a single solenoid. the double solenoid will offer more stable and accurate boost control.

i'm personally saving for the AVC-R once the uppie (next) goes in.

dR

·
4,769 Posts
The SBC-id has dual selenoids. This means better response, better control, less spiking. The SBC also is much easier to install and use. The AVCR is a nightmare to use but does offer more features for the money. The SBC-id can do a speed map also with the power meter.

·
Registered
108 Posts
God said:
The SBC-id has dual selenoids. This means better response, better control, less spiking. The SBC also is much easier to install and use. The AVCR is a nightmare to use but does offer more features for the money. The SBC-id can do a speed map also with the power meter.
Which is completely subjective...

Here's the simple nitty....

If you even remotely feel comfortable using computers, or menu'd systems, etc... Hell even having proficency moving around a graphing calculator.. the AVC-R interface is very easy to learn...

As for programming and tuning... I'm yet to test a scenario that it didn't learn to adapt to.

As for spikes... don't really notice them.. and I have an auto which means I'm MUCH more prone to spiking then a MT.

But that's my $.02 on it.

Jorge (RiftsWRX)
www.ProjectWRX.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts