Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine lights up with a white light making it near impossible to read during the day. Ive seen a picture of somebodies that lights up green like the HKS. ???thanks

·
2,210 Posts
WRXnSoCal said:
Mine lights up with a white light making it near impossible to read during the day. Ive seen a picture of somebodies that lights up green like the HKS. ???thanks
The green backlit SBC i-d is the new v2 model. I have heard that Blitz-NA will not allow you to exhange/upgrade your v1 model.

Your best bet may be to try and find somebody who doesn't like their green screen, and do a swap. Failing that, buy a new v2. model to get the head unit, then sell your v1. head unit along with the v2 solenoid etc. on Ebay.

-Pace

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I figured since i just purchased it from one of the most used company on here it would be up to date. That sucks:mad: . Thanks again. Would you recommend staying with the blitz or use the apex

·
2,210 Posts
WRXnSoCal said:
Thanks for the info. I figured since i just purchased it from one of the most used company on here it would be up to date. That sucks:mad: . Thanks again. Would you recommend staying with the blitz or use the apex
The v2. has only just been released, and there are plenty of v1. in vendor circulation. The screen color is reportedly the only difference. When I purchased mine I researched which vendors had which revision. If you only just purchased it, you could try negotiating with the vendor for an exchange.

I have no experience with the Apexi. Reportedly it is a little harder to set up, but it has significantly more functionality. However, it scored second place to the SBC i-d in boost response and control in the recent SCC test.

-Pace

·
2,210 Posts
FWIW, I do have some gripes with the v2. SBC i-d:

- Too bright at night, even on the lowest setting.
- Too hard to read in bright sunlight, even on the highest setting.

I know this is just personal perception, but the green screen may really not be much more of an improvement that your white screen.

-Pace

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Maybe ill just stick with my V.1 Its a pain to read in the day but at night its pretty good. Thanks for all your help.
I just purchased a VF-22 , front mount intercooler, 565cc injectors, fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator( already have all the exhaust and uppipe and downpipe). Can the stock computer handle this or is an aftermarket ecu needed?

·
Registered
249 Posts
WRXnSoCal said:
I think the Apexi requires you to splice into your ECU. It performs very well, even though it's a single solenoid controller.

·
Registered
3 Posts
v1 better than v2

New menber, sbc id v1 is better than v2 according to blitz N. America I call them. They toll me the v2 is sold in Japan only and is a lower vertion than v1 even the screm is better on v1. So v2 is gray market and the ones who sell v2 are not blitz dealers, also if you have v2 you may notice that comes w/japanesse instructions, v1 cames w/english instructions.

Any way that is what I know, by the way I do not have a sbc id but I'm thinking of getting v1 and I have a question.
Have any one use the optional harness to conect the sbc id to the ECU to read EGT, oil/water tem. ect?.
I like to use the sbc id to monitor my car as well to control the boost, but I had call vendors and toll me that is very hard to make the sbc id to read accurate data from the ecu and they don't recoment o use the optional harness. But according to Blitz it should be reading fine, they say that who ever toll me that, they do not know what they talking about
Any comments will be apreciated.:)

·
Registered
325 Posts
You may want to take what Blitz N. America tells you with a grain of salt. Keep in mind that if they don't sell the V2 here then of course they're going to tell you that the V1 is better. There is no difference in the 2 different versions aside from their screen color. The V2 has a green color that is easier to see during the day. This has been discussed already many times on I-club as well as a few posts here as well. It is also well known that there are many with contrast issues with the original V1 hence the release of the V2.

Calvin

·
Registered
295 Posts
I didn't realize that there was a first or second place ranking in that article. Am I just not seeing it? The impression I got was that the Profec-B was the clear winner, with the mbc as a close 2nd? Or maybe I'm just sleepy? heh...

pace said:

....However, it scored second place to the SBC i-d in boost response and control in the recent SCC test.

-Pace

·
2,210 Posts
206WRX_GDA said:
I didn't realize that there was a first or second place ranking in that article. Am I just not seeing it? The impression I got was that the Profec-B was the clear winner, with the mbc as a close 2nd? Or maybe I'm just sleepy? heh...

Well, I don't have the article in front of me but I seem to recall that indeed they didn't produce a ranking at the end. However, I base my remarks on their performance observations and IIRC they stated (paraphrasing) "With a little work we were able to post the quickest boost response of the test with the SBC i-D." They also point to the graphs, and here you can clearly see that the Blitz had the best combination of control and response.

If your criteria is unit cost, then the SBC i-D most certainly would not be a winner.

-Pace

·
Registered
785 Posts
If you really want to make your display appear green, you could probably buy some green film to go over it, but it would be just for looks.

·
1,263 Posts
I love my SBC-iD v2. I don't find the brightness a problem, but I am one of those people that runs the stock interior lighting at full clip.

I guess it also depends on your install location.

I have the optional harness but have yet to connect it up....(lazy bugger that I am!)

Andrew
aussieinstlouis

·
2,210 Posts
Where'd ya get the harness?

I can pull that info through the Link GUI, but it's not like I drive 'round with my laptop permanently hooked-up a 'la F&TF. :rolleyes: I'd like to be able to view that data during 'normal' driving.

-Pace

·
1,911 Posts
Re: v1 better than v2

AD7 said:
New menber, sbc id v1 is better than v2 according to blitz N. America I call them. They toll me the v2 is sold in Japan only and is a lower vertion than v1 even the screm is better on v1. So v2 is gray market and the ones who sell v2 are not blitz dealers, also if you have v2 you may notice that comes w/japanesse instructions, v2 cames w/english instructions.

Any way that is what I know, by the way I do not have a sbc id but I'm thinking of getting v1 and I have a question.
Have any one use the optional harness to conect the sbc id to the ECU to read EGT, oil/water tem. ect?.
I like to use the sbc id to monitor my car as well to control the boost, but I had call vendors and toll me that is very hard to make the sbc id to read accurate data from the ecu and they don't recoment o use the optional harness. But according to Blitz it should be reading fine, they say that who ever toll me that, they do not know what they talking about
Any comments will be apreciated.:)
You can use the optional harness no problem. Blizt NA actually asked many of us Blitz distributors what we thought about the V2. By overwhelming response us dealers preferred the display on the V1 which IS easier to read in both daytime and nightime. I have seen both and although I COULD grey market in the V2 it wouldn't come with any warranty and no english instructions. Bottom line, some dealers have decided to grey market in the product but I and other authorized Blitz dealers/distributors decided it be best to abide by the rules of Blitz USA and will not carry the V2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks God I guess Blitz A. did not lied to me. paying a little more for v1 is not too bad I guess.
God can you e-mail me the best price you have for v1, I'm stock besides suspension but I will be getting in the power of my wrx very soon and the v1 seams to be a good start.;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.