ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I've made my final decision, I'm putting down a deposit on a brand new Evo MR. I'll most likely trade in the WRX for it, or another car for the wife. I cant wait until it gets here!! I've already got some parts lined up for it (namely BOV & exhaust):cool:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
WRX said:
well I've made my final decision, I'm putting down a deposit on a brand new Evo MR. I'll most likely trade in the WRX for it, or another car for the wife. I cant wait until it gets here!! I've already got some parts lined up for it (namely BOV & exhaust):cool:
YOU PIMP, hehehe awsome man.......is it auto or 5spd...i had to ask :p

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
Nice choice, be sure to post pics when you get it :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Good choice. I recently got an Evo, and love it. The handling makes our WRX's feel like boats. They bog really easy off the line, so you have to wind it up to 6k if you want a decent launch. If you like to drag race, be prepared to replace the clutch within 10k miles. evolutionm.net is a good site with a lot of info.

First mods should be boost control and a flash. Although they're suppose to boost to 19 psi, most only get to 16-18 psi. A good MBC can hold 20 psi to the redline, and with a dynoflash, you'll be making 270 whp.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for tEh votes of confidence. I'll miss my rex, and I still plan on visiting these forums because you guys rock!

Yeah, the MR is a 6 spd (wife won't drive it :D :D ) I do plan on putting some mods on it, but I want to baby it. I don't plan on taking it to the track all too often either.

I'll definitely try and get some pics of her when I get it... most dealerships are sold out right now, so it'll most likely be spring time before I get mine.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I was thinking about getting the MR but im moving to Florida. Cant go without that AC. If i was staying in Washington id be all over it. Enjoy your way better car!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
The things I miss after being gone for a month :tongue:

Of course I am sad to see you leave, but I know you'll be happy with your new purchase and hope you will come on down to give us your opinion now and then. Thanks for giving us inspiration and much valuable advice.

PS check your PM box.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VitaminWRX said:
hope you will come on down to give us your opinion now and then. Thanks for giving us inspiration and much valuable advice.

PS check your PM box.
Of course I'll still stick around to troll these boards. I've visited evolutionm.net, and most of those guys remind me of I-club or nasioc where they'll flame you any chance they get. :p

PS, PM'd you back.

·
Registered
897 Posts
i was looking at the mr also....oh by the way did i mention i fried the rex...oh yes to much boost=BAM. 3RD is gone and i blew a head gasket... its ok though. i looked at the mr and then looked at rebuilds for the rex. this happened three weeks ago. now i am in greece though so i havent had time to work on it. but my dad has. im going with the axis 2.2 8.5:1 compression, vf22, sti pinks, walbro, utec, and when i get back the mvb is gonna be installed. the tc will wait for a later date... for some reason i can launch her at 3700 on stock tc..im hoping for some good hp on this set up. ive seen 295whp on 100 oct on stage 4 with vf34 so i wouldnt doubt a stage 4+vf22 and 2.2l making around 340awhp on 100 octane with 23 psi. well see though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts