ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was parked, and at night time. I was walking down the sidewalk with my wife and we approached it from the rear. At first, I thought it was a new WRX wagon, but it didn't feel right. As we started to pass it (we were across the street) I said "That's not a WRX! What is that? Is that the new Saab?" As we rounded the front, I saw the funky looking scoop, and it finally clicked. I ran across the street and gave it a good look. The 2-tone leather seats look really lame, but everything else about it screams Subaru. Very strange...

·
Registered
236 Posts
there's nothing strange about the 9-2x.

it's fine looking vehicle. i personally think the front end looks better and i wish i had those wheels stock. but i aint all that impressed by the new interior, especially the steering wheel. i'll take my sport seats any day of the week. leather just isnt a wrx thing. just my .02!

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Well, it seems strange to me, too. The rear body panels, the door handles, the general shape say Subaru, then you get to the front and SURPRISE! It's like an evil doppleganger Subie.

I'm sure it's a very nice car; just having fun.:)

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I meant strange in the sense that it feels like a Subaru, until you get up close to it. I expected it to have more significant differences.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree it's a pretty strange idea - From a business stnadpoint I guess I can see Saab wanting to hit the market that's looking at sporty cars like ours, but want a little bit more comfort, but it seems too much like the WRX's twin.
I've been a fan of Saab since my father's '86 900, but they've definitely gone downhill since the buyout. They used to be a unique mark, and now their cars either look like every other sedan on the road, or are copying others (WRX).

Bottom line: Subaru vs. Saab: Subaru wins!

·
Registered
236 Posts
saab was definitely unique back in the 80s when they have that odd wedged shape. you definitely knew it was a saab.

lets face it though, rebadging isn't knew and it'll keep happening. just shrug it off. at least they changed the front, right?

remember when the first cadillac escalade came out. it was a direct copy of the yukon denali. and that was a complete rebadge. they changed nothing except emblems and a couple pieces of wood trim.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Was it parked in front of William & Sonoma or Crate and Barrel? :D

I'd say something like "Yuppie Scum!" But I'm probably yuppie scum myself, but I'm in denial! :D

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steve in MN said:
Was it parked in front of William & Sonoma or Crate and Barrel? :D

I'd say something like "Yuppie Scum!" But I'm probably yuppie scum myself, but I'm in denial! :D
Naw, it was in a neighborhood in front of someone's house. It did have California plates though, and had the "Snaab" plate on the front.

We don't like Williams Sonoma around here. This valley is home to Harry & David's headquarters, beeotch! :p

·
Registered
224 Posts
"David's Harry Beeotch?" Sounds like a personal problem!

Come on now....this is a family program!!! :D

Lets clean thing up a little bit. The lurking Saabaru owners might get offended! :eek3:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts