ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Save the date and invitation: Cordova Dragstrip Rental on Sat 8/21

Are you tired of going to Byron, GLD, US41, or Rt 66 and waiting in long staging lanes and only getting in one pass an hour?

The Midwest F-Body Association ubb.mfba.org has rented the entire track at Cordova, IL for Saturday, August 21st. This means we don't have to share it with the general public, or with any other events that day. With only 40-60 cars (and a few bikes) present, you'll be able to run until your heart is content (or your tires can't take it anymore!). :cool:

There will be a few 8, 9 and 10 second street driven cars there, and plenty of other 11, 12, 13 and 14 second cars will be present to run against too. We'll have a few convoys cruising out there for people not sure about where the track is located.

Invite your friends who always talk about racing, but never want to line up with you. Bring your coworker or neighbor who always talks smack about his "fast" Mustang or old musclecar. Teach your signifcant other how to race in the controlled setting of a private track rental at a professional facility. Test and tune and change parts at the track to measure their effectiveness. See how you compare up against other vehicles instead of racing them on the street...

Please sign up on this thread ( http://forum.fbody.us/showthread.php?t=30250 ) for more information and for updates as the date approaches.

This is not an Import vs Domestic event. Just a gathering of performance enthusiasts who want to get out and race. :) I hope to see a few Subarus representing! :banana:

//Dan Hoekstra--Vice President, Midwest F-Body Association

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
sounds interesting! Where exactly is Cordova? Northern, central, or southern Illinois? Since that date falls on my day off, I'd be all over it. But since I'm planning on trading in my rex for the evo MR, I don't want to beat on it anymore. Good luck with the event though.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

Reminder for anyone that's looking to do some drag racing this Saturday. Cost will be $30.00. Spectators no charge! We'll have a caravan of vehicles leaving the Naperville CarMax (Rt 59 and 88) at 7:15 am on Saturday morning. Should take about 90 minutes to get to the track. I'll be in the convertible Firehawk and will make sure any Subaru drivers are welcomed. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts